Thread: Dead or brick ? Lan and WAN 1-4 leds on steady

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by giangi72 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have the same issue (power led off, lan leds on and fixed, wan on and fixed) but I measured the voltage of my power supply and it is 5.15V, than I used another power supply without success.
    Do you have any suggest?
    Thanks in advance
    Do you know for sure that this 'another' power supply is able to supply 5v at at least 2,5amperes? IF not, it won't boot. Use your pc's power supply just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    Do you know for sure that this 'another' power supply is able to supply 5v at at least 2,5amperes? IF not, it won't boot. Use your pc's power supply just to make sure.
    I'm sure the other power supply have 5v but it is 1 ampere.
    Are you sure it should be 2,5 amperes?
    Only to try don't should be enough 1 ampere?
    Thanks

like you said in your previous post, you tried it without succes. this is prob. due to the psu not supplying enough current. if 5v@1a would be enough, Asus would have supplied the device with such an adapter. (besides that, electronic devices do need a lot of/most of the power on startup, like a harddrive, It needs power to spin-up, but once it's spinning, it doesn't need lot of power to keep it spinning.)
    Be wise, use a power supply wich supplies enough current to make sure, or you might come to wrong conclusions.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue described here (every LEDs lighted up but power) and I guess it's a power supply issue.
    So, I tried to find the same capacitor (1200uF / 10V) but I only got a 1500uF / 10V.

Do you think I can replace the old one with this one without breaking everything (power supply or router)?

Thanks

nutmeg, I don't think that will be a problem.

OK, it's working like a charm.

Thanks a lot

Just registered to be able to reply on this forum.

I've had the exact same issue as the TS posted.

All lights come on, Wifi is live but unable to connect.. Lan disconnects and reconnects every 2 seconds.

I've swapped the mentioned capacitor a couple posts back for a uF1000 10V today, works like a charm!!

Very happy with this solution!

I registered to say thank you. Doing the capacitor fix saved my router from 5 leds death.

@pender. To open the adapter you just have to crack the glue. Stick a flat screwdriver in the side of the adapter and press hard until it cracks (in second image at red arrow), and it should smell of burned electrolyte .

I didn't find any 1200uF capacitor (red arrow -old one). I only got a 1500uF / 16V (circle, fat new one). Works like a charm.

Also i drilled holes in every side oh the plastic case for ventilation.