Thread: Asus RT-N16 "Light" and "Cooling" mods

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookatroid View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I should not have any problem finding CoolerMaster products.
    However PRITT does not seem to make any computer-type glue.
    Glue used to apply a heatsink should have thermal capabilities like this one .... http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...l_adhesive.htm

Yes ?
    Yes in fact PRITT does not have thermal capabilities but also original ASUS RT-N16 heat-sink doesn't have either, is just PURE glue between both (cpu and heat-sink, ASUS made it that way it's because it's enough to do the job) and so many other devices just like notebooks, motherboards and others have only a kind of glue gum attached (without thermal capabilitie), so i think in some cases you don't need a EXTREME thermal capabilitie because it's not needed, but offcourse if you have even better.

PS: Have you noticed that all thermal sticks have glue on both sides of the thermal metal conductor?

Artic Silver should work fine (or 1 dollar 40mm thermal sticks), but you need to be careful because its conductivity and there's also other "problem" some people reported that you will never again take off the heat-sink, it will be stucked (artic = super glue).

What i will do is to measure the temperature of CPU with the glue and with the thermal stick so i can tell you the diferences, or eventually with my other unit try the artic silver and then compare all the three temperatures, of course it would be better if i could make it with 533Mhz, but i will try at 480 first.
    Last edited by hggomes; 03-12-2009 at 15:24.