Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
I get this after I enter this code:
/mnt 192.168.1.0/24(rw,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0,sync )
-sh: syntax error: unexpected "("

btw how do I ctrl+c in PuTTY? After I get this working its seem cool to install optware
That's not a code that you run, but should be put to the file I wrote. Please read it carefully.
By default also nothing is mounted below /mnt (unless set in /etc/fstab).

In PuTTY you have to right click to the top of the window status bar and select mark (if I remember correctly), then drag while pushing left button.
Maybe the best way would be to put some USB stick to the router temporary and install the basic optware (don't connect the HDD with full of data as it will be formatted!).

But the best would be to learn some basic Linux or stick to the router's web interface for NFS sharing.
I've created this tutorial in mind that you're willing to sacrifice the content of some HDD or USB stick and put optware. After this done, it's possible to fill the HDD via one of the sharings or connect a second HDD (with data) and e.g. link it to somewhere in the directory structure.
Anyhow some basic IT knowledge would be needed even in this case or goole search. It's mission impossible to tell everything via posts.