I have been trying out the different FW through the 1.5 years.
After failing with BT several times i bought a separate NAS (Dlink DNS-323) that works like a charm in comparison.

SO NOW:
- I am looking for the FW that gives me the best wireless transfer speeds with WPA2 (and I guess AES encryption - since TKIP seems laggy as h.ll with huge dropouts in transfer rates)

Havent tried FW:
- 2.0.0.1 - any better?
- 2.0.0.6 with korean 40MHz? - does that mean more channels open up? If yes that would be helpful to get away from my interfering neightbours that are mostly between channel 1-9.

Would also like to be on the 5GHz band after reading this at Wikipedia:
"To achieve maximum throughput a pure 802.11n 5 GHz network is recommended. The 5 GHz band has substantial capacity due to many non-overlapping radio channels and less radio interference as compared to the 2.4 GHz band"

Is the ASUS WL-500W Bandwith option:
- "Wireless N only" option = 5GHz band
- "Auto" = 2.4 or 5GHz band depending on if i have G,B clients connecting?
The popup help text in FW 1.9.8.9 still seems old and unclear - some seem to reside from the old Wireless G-router

I have Wireless G that i can use for PS3 built into my ADSL modem/router, so no problem to get connection to G separate. The problem is how to access my NAS that is on the Asus wired port - guess i could uplink it though.

Any ideas on FW and clarification of Asus strange naming convention on their "user friendly" names in the WL-5000W

Regards
Boogieman