Hello,

When I got the router I first installed my USB printer, which started running within 10 minutes (easy).

Then I wanted to start playing with the USB storage options.
I have a 2GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro device. After doing the settings and learning how to connect to the drive from windows, mapping it and user permissions etc, I browsed through the stick a little, uploaded 5mb file, connected download master. After about 10 minutes of accessing the drive I started having the problems.

After a few tests I noticed the following: a few minutes miuntes after starting the router with the USB memory drive in it, the USB stick gets pretty hot. If I try to access it or do ANYTHING on it - copy/write/browse/downloadmaster it gets SUPER HOT and soon after fileserver/router web interface/network drive access fails. Internet and wireless still works, although as long as the USB drive is in I don't get transfer speeds above 2MB/s. Without the USB drive I get 6.5MB - 7MB.

Has anyone else had problems with USB drives overheating REAL BAD and freezing up things / slowing down wireless etc ? Is there something wrong with my USB drive or the router?

Thanks!