Thread: How-to Lighttpd, PHP, MySQL and Eaccelerator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

mysql5

Did anyone get things working with mysql 5 ? There is a package in the repository, but it does not want to start after install. phpmyadmin does not install after installing mysql5.
    Does it still require recompling?

Quote Originally Posted by modelamark View Post
    Did anyone get things working with mysql 5 ? There is a package in the repository, but it does not want to start after install. phpmyadmin does not install after installing mysql5.
    Does it still require recompling?
    I don't think mysql 5 is ever going to work on these routers actually, probably because it's software design is a bit different compared to mysql4.
    Also mysql5 requires more resources, and that while mysql4 only pulls of about 100kb/s max

in the end mysql 4 can do the same things mysql 5 can, apart from some really specialized stuff hardly used in regular webpackages

recompiling won't work either because the compiler on the router has problems with c++.
    You might be able to pull it off with the crosscompiler after a bit of work
    Last edited by wpte; 18-01-2010 at 20:42.

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I don't think mysql 5 is ever going to work on these routers actually, probably because it's software design is a bit different compared to mysql4.
    Thanks, all I needed to know. I wanted to run joomla on it, which went fine with mysql4, until some extension required mysql5. I will try to find a sql4 alternative for that.