Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No access to V1.9.2.7 CR3

No access to V1.9.2.7 CR3

I've just tried to replace the original 1.2.3.2 beta with the V1.9.2.7 CR3. The device came up and all seemed to be working. However, I've no access at all. Have I've missed something or are all usernames/passwords are just gone? I cannot log in. Not by the web interface nor anywhere else. Any idea what there's wrong?

Reset to defaults.

Same problem!

I didnīt have any access to my WL-HDD; nothing helps! Canīt set it in recovery mode. Connectet WL-HDD with Cross-over (donīt want change all adresses in my network) - set Adresss to 192.168.1.9 - removed Power cable, wait 20 secondes, connect power-cable and pressed reset-button 20 Seconds and longer. All this about thirty or fourty times.....

No ping......

WL-HDD for trash????

Thanks for any idea and sorry about my terrible English.....

Rolano
    ASUS WL-HDD, DBOX2-SAT

To enter recovery mode:
    - Power off the unit (remove the power cable)
    - Press the reset button
    - Keep pressing the reset button while inserting the power cable again
    - Keep pressing the reset button until the unit enters recovery mode (Power LED flashes every second).

Firmware upgrading HOWTO

Thanks for answer.
    But this is the problem - the powerLED will not flash every second; seems no recovery mode!!
    The Power-LED is on - thats it; nothing else happened.

ASUS WL-HDD, DBOX2-SAT

Hello,

no one any idea?: This didnīt help:
    "To enter recovery mode:
    - Power off the unit (remove the power cable)
    - Press the reset button
    - Keep pressing the reset button while inserting the power cable again
    - Keep pressing the reset button until the unit enters recovery mode (Power LED flashes every second)."

WL-HDD wouldnīt go in recovery-mode.....(I pressed the reset-button even 1 and 2 minutes....). Without recovery-mode there is no chance for Restore-utility.

Think itīs really for trash
    ASUS WL-HDD, DBOX2-SAT

Try this:
    Power off your unit and wait half a minute then try the firmware recovery trick again.

Edit: Also read this topic: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1451 and this one: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=801

Setting your Windows computer to a FIXED IP address (192.168.22.10 for example) is very important.
    Last edited by Styno; 14-03-2005 at 19:27.

Quote Originally Posted by rolano
    removed Power cable, wait 20 secondes, connect power-cable and pressed reset-button 20 Seconds and longer.
    You need to push button BEFORE powering it on and keep pushed until it starts blinking. Do NOT release button during this. It checks button state only ONCE then the power is applied to the unit. That's why it should be pressed all the time.
    It's nearly impossible to kill the unit by upgrading the firmware.

and if Oleg's description does not work
    feel free to trash them into an enveloppe and send them to holland

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Hi,

I really pressed the Reset-Button before I plugged in the power-cable! Thanks for answers - Iīm really able to read.... ! And: I really read the posted threads; after reading I posted my question....

Question: Until yesterday I thought Cross-Over with fixed IP on the PC will be the best thing..-no problems about the rest of Network-... somebody (petgun) told me, to try with a switch...
    but by the way: the power-led doesnīt blink!!!!! and this means: No recovery-mode...... (am I wrong about this?).....

This is the only thing I didnīt try (play with hardware is toooooo risky for me); I think there is really no chance for warranty at all....

"eventual do a very risky thing
    just put the WL-HDD into recovery modus:

be sure unit is powered off
    be sure LAN cable is connected
    be sure your PC has a STATIC IP
    be sure to have to firmware restoration tool at hand

do the following

shortcut PIN10 of the FLASH (AMD) chip with GROUND while powering on, release immediately. The unit should now enter recovery modus
    (power led wil flash)

start firmware restoration of a old firmware 1.1.2.8 or something

please send us the results"

rolano
    ASUS WL-HDD, DBOX2-SAT

Ok, you can read, sorry for that. But bear with us all the n00bs who can't read and ask the same questions all the time...

Try changing the WL-HDD @ the shop. If it succeeds that would be great, if not......well......I'm out of options -> Take Antiloop' suggestion and send the unit to Oleg or me (ok, ok, ok, or Antiloop).

just try the pin10 trick, it should work

your wl-hdd will not be fried by trying this

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Most of the time on Wl-hdd, the led not blinking is because of a wrong cable. You must use a 100 Mbit cable (cat5), and a 100 Mbits network card in the end. If you have a ADSL or cable modem, try to plug this cable end to the wl-hdd, when the other end is sitl plugged in your modem. It should work. Be aware that 99% of the recovery mode not comming is because of a bad cable situation. REALLY try another cable, another network cable. I've been stuck with this recovery mode for hours before I discovered this.

@styno: Everything is ok!! I think itīs really a problem to make a different between "those and others".

Instead of Cross-Over I will try tonight: PC (192.168.1.10 :100Mbit full) ---> SWITCH -->WL-HDD with NEW network-cable(s).

If this didnīt work I will go to the shop -- if this doesnīt help:
    ASUS WL-HDD, DBOX2-SAT

Quote Originally Posted by rolano

Question: Until yesterday I thought Cross-Over with fixed IP on the PC will be the best thing..-no problems about the rest of Network-... somebody (petgun) told me, to try with a switch...
    but by the way: the power-led doesnīt blink!!!!! and this means: No recovery-mode...... (am I wrong about this?).....
    Yesterday, uploading/flashing WLHDD-1.9.2.7-4.trx I encountered the same.

Finally I was able to restore to fw 1.2.3.4 using the "trick" found elsewhere in the forum:
    - set PC to fixed IP 192.168.1.10
    - use straight UTP
    - use a 100 mbit ethernet
    - use firmware restoration tool

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Firmware updating HOWTO
    If - for some reason - this does not work, or you want to upload a special or older firmware then you should try to upload the firmware using the firmware restoration tool. This needs the following steps:
    - Disable all but one network interfaces on your PC. This is nessesary because the firmware restoration tool is not very intelligent in finding the correct interface to use for communicating with the router.
    - Configure Windows TCP/IP networking to have static IP address 192.168.1.10 as shown in this image.
    - Disconnect the power cable.
    - Press the reset button on the back of the router.
    - Keep pressing the reset button while inserting the power cable again.
    - Keep pressing the reset button until the power LED starts flashing every second.
    - Start the firmware restoration tool on your PC (You can find this tool on the CD or download it from the Asus website).
    - This tool should find the Asus router -> select it.
    - Select the correct firmware file you want to upload. Double check again if it's the correct one!
    - Press upload.

Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    Also, Wlhdd will go in blinking led only if it find the network cable suitable. It must be a real 100 Mb network cable, attached to a 100 Mb mode network card. If the led is not blinking when pressing the on button, try another network card and cable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast