Thread: more php extensions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

more php extensions

Who is interested in more php extensions? I am currently compiling more extensions for php to use on my router. This is how I am doing it...

Download the php 5.2.6 source

Navigate to <src>/ext/<extension>

phpize

./configure

make

make install

Note that configure may need additional modules

I currently have iconv and gmp already done. iconv is needed for some php scripts and uses the built in iconv implementation however you may need gconv-modules (it gets listed as "unknown") and gmp uses libgmp which is available in ipkg. I have not been able to verify that iconv actually works with the implementation that is present. If you can give me something that I can use to test it then let me know. I'll post both modules up when I get home. They were compiled directly on the router.

EDIT: Well no responses so far so I'll go ahead and attach the two extension that I have done so far. I wanted to do an updated eaccelerator extension but it gets stuck trying to use sysvipc. In 0.9.5.3 they made it so that you have to define a uid (other than zero) that eaccelerator will be running as. Kinda a pain and a brick road.

For each extension simply drop them into /opt/lib/php/extensions and then add the appropriate extension line to /opt/etc/php.ini. I'll do more if there is demand for it but in the meantime I'll do them as needed.

P.S. - gmp is a faster and better library than bcmath. Typically scripts as for either one and recommend gmp if available. The stock php setup include bcmath.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shinji257; 17-06-2008 at 18:44.