Thread: New Oleg firmware 1.9.2.7-9 problems?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Upgrade both my 500gP as my WLHDD. Works great! Even Transmission runs smooth on both, no problems connecting WPA2. The WLHDD seems to be faster (needed this one badly...). And even lets the Fonera connect as AP, using WPA2. So, after 4 hours testing: IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by EdSki View Post
    Upgrade both my 500gP as my WLHDD. Works great! Even Transmission runs smooth on both, no problems connecting WPA2. The WLHDD seems to be faster (needed this one badly...). And even lets the Fonera connect as AP, using WPA2. So, after 4 hours testing: IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Ed
    and how did you used the hdd?
    the build in harddrive mod or the mod via post-boot file?

Cos I lost about... 500 files or something, and I think that's scary
    I could place them back with the FSCK command.

What wireless mode do you use? WPA-Auto-Personal? are you able to connect via WPA on that mode? (not wpa2)
    thnx

This thread is used for discussion: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=13495

In short: this firmware version was checked for about 3 months in the Russian forum and it works fine here. No file problems, etc.

As for problems with your files: if you've usb powered hdd (no dedicated power supply), then you will end up with corrupted files due to hardware problems. Running e2fsck is recomended anyway - filesystem corruption may occure due to hard reboots, etc.

As for WiFi - the wifi is now managed in the same way as newer asus firmwares. WPA-Auto-Personal acts just like it's desribed in the release notes. If you want WPA+WPA2 at the same time, then set encryption to TKIP+AES.

Save your config/settings (flashfs) before upgrading. After upgrading upload your saved flashfs file and you're back online. Even on my USB powered HD.
    Same story goes for the WLHDD, the Fonera connects through WPA2 as he gets recognized as a client(Fonera has FreeWlan firmware)!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    This thread is used for discussion: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=13495

In short: this firmware version was checked for about 3 months in the Russian forum and it works fine here. No file problems, etc.

As for problems with your files: if you've usb powered hdd (no dedicated power supply), then you will end up with corrupted files due to hardware problems. Running e2fsck is recomended anyway - filesystem corruption may occure due to hard reboots, etc.

As for WiFi - the wifi is now managed in the same way as newer asus firmwares. WPA-Auto-Personal acts just like it's desribed in the release notes. If you want WPA+WPA2 at the same time, then set encryption to TKIP+AES.
    hmm... ok I will try that setting for wifi then.
    But still the question rises.. TKIP and AES... will it use this config then: WPA2 AES and WPA TKIP?

For my harddrive, I use a HDD with a powersupply, if you don't plug it in, it just doesnt work.
    I never had files dissapearing or anything like it, I also didn't do any hard resets.
    what do you recommend oleg? the setting for usb hdd in the web-menu? or this setting in the post boot:

insmod scsi_mod && insmod sd_mod && insmod usb-storage
    I pretty much use this harddrive 1TB as backup device so... that's why I don't wanna loose any files. But I just want the newer firmware for the new FTP server

thanks for the reply

Save your config/settings (flashfs) before upgrading. After upgrading upload your saved flashfs file and you're back online. Even on my USB powered HD.
    Same story goes for the WLHDD, the Fonera connects through WPA2 as he gets recognized as a client(Fonera has FreeWlan firmware)!

Ed
    So you use both the hdd mod and the automatic mounting thingy in the web-admin?
    Last edited by wpte; 25-03-2008 at 17:39.

Wpte:

Followed this tutorial by Moody Bleu: http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=5909&page=3

And it's working like it used to be!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by EdSki View Post
    Wpte:

Followed this tutorial by Moody Bleu: http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=5909&page=3

And it's working like it used to be!

Ed
    thanks but I know how it works..
    I already got a webserver with php, mysql and a complete mailserver working on my box. And you can login to the mailserver via a php program called the horde project. (still working on the how-to for others)

Anyway, what I ment was if you used the automatic harddrive mount function in the web-admin. you can find it in services. Or do you use a code in the post-boot file?
    or do you use both?
    I turned the service off and used the code in the post-boot.

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I turned the service off and used the code in the post-boot.
    Me too!

Ed