Thread: Asus recogizes error and wil replace routers with 62KOhm R17 resistor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have not found any official announcement but I contacted Asus via a technical enquire informing them about my serial number and the problem. They reply asking me to send my unit for reparation. When I sent the unit to the place I bought it from I attached the email I got from Asus to avoid the dealer coming back to me with unqualified comments.
    Last edited by Tamadite; 29-10-2008 at 19:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamadite View Post
    I have not found any official announcement but I contacted Asus via a technical enquire informing them about my serial number and the problem. They reply asking me to send my unit for reparation. When I sent the unit to the place I bought it from I attached the email I got from Asus to avoid the dealer coming back to me with unqualified comments.
    Hello Tamadite!

How long did it take for them to reply? Can you post the contents of the email here? Asus Asia is still in denial of the problem.

Well,

I sent the technical enquire on 2008-04-18 (Friday) and they replied it on 2008-04-21 (Monday). Here you go my enquire:

==================
    I have detected Wi-Fi low level performance on my WL-500gP router when I roam with my laptop in my apartment. While searching for reasons in Internet I found a forum (wl500g.info) stating an assembling failure on all units manufactured before July 2007. According to the serial number of my unit (SN: 76XXXXXXX) it was assembled during June 2007. When running "wl noise" I get a value of -96dB. Do I need to send my unit for reparation? I can't find information on this problem on Asus site. Has this problem been published?

==========

Dear Valued Asus Customer

You can contact your dealer, refer to the information on wl500g.info and request a repair service.

Best Regards
    Asus TMSS Support
    ==================

Good luck!

Is the -96dB an indicator of a problem? I get similar values as well (around -95dB to -90dB) when I use the wl noise command. Could my unit be defective?

It actually starts with a 78 (so I guess this means August '07). Besides that, I think I read the noise incorrectly, because I checked it again today and the wl noise returns a -81 value (I don't know if that's ok or if it should be higher anyway).
    Last edited by Omega; 24-08-2015 at 13:13. Reason: fixed

Quote Originally Posted by nfh View Post
    Is the -96dB an indicator of a problem? I get similar values as well (around -95dB to -90dB) when I use the wl noise command. Could my unit be defective?
    well, if your serial number starts with 76
    it might be