Thread: Firmware v1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Finally my WLAN works for more than 10 minutes .

Went from ASUS 1.7.5.6 to this CR3 version. Now printing on my Canon i320 works perfectly, while previously it would not. Up till now router is stable, no strange quirks found.

Good job!!

Ok, maybe a stupid question: am I supposed to see '1.7.5.6 CR3' as fiirmware version in the web-setup? And see version 8.12 in the webcam-driver option? I still see 1.7.5.6 as a version, still see 8.8 as webcam-driver version, but I do have a working telnet now. Don't see 'Oleg' anywhere, if it even is there. I've flashed through/with the web-setup, that's it; do I need to do something else / different? (I did reboot the device)
    -I am Jack's wasted life.

Quote Originally Posted by oCe
    Ok, maybe a stupid question: am I supposed to see '1.7.5.6 CR3' as fiirmware version in the web-setup? And see version 8.12 in the webcam-driver option? I still see 1.7.5.6 as a version, still see 8.8 as webcam-driver version, but I do have a working telnet now. Don't see 'Oleg' anywhere, if it even is there. I've flashed through/with the web-setup, that's it; do I need to do something else / different? (I did reboot the device)
    It's like a stealth. Driver version, showed in the web iface has nothing common with real version.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    It's like a stealth. Driver version, showed in the web iface has nothing common with real version.
    Ok thanks for your answer. Isn't it an idea to change the driver-version a bit, so it's easier to identify that your firmware is succesfully flashed in the WL-500g? And is it possible to update the visual side of the router, so it displays the correct version number of the driver for example?

Maybe not the correct place, but I have a request / problem: only picture-based mode of the webcam seems to work through WAN, the active-x streaming webcam function does not work through WAN. Both work perfectly on LAN. I'd like to watch streaming webcam from WAN (e.g. from work), also because streaming is in colour and preview is not. Second, is it possible to make the view-webcam-page non-password protected? So I could link to my router from my website, for webcam-viewers?

Furthermore, my compliments and much respect for the work you are doing. Keep it up!

oCe, when I connect to port 7777 on the external IP I get a sort of data-stream with a lot of characters and symbols, it seems like explorer doesn't know what type of stream it is. Do you have the same problem? I have my webcam port on the original 7777 and access from the outside with http://external.ip:7777

Quote Originally Posted by copycat
    oCe, when I connect to port 7777 on the external IP I get a sort of data-stream with a lot of characters and symbols, it seems like explorer doesn't know what type of stream it is. Do you have the same problem? I have my webcam port on the original 7777 and access from the outside with http://external.ip:7777
    Exactly the same problem I have. I have this from WAN and LAN, but if i go to the webcam-page in the web-setup from LAN I can view that stream (which opens that data-stream) through the active-x object from that page. From WAN that simply does not work.

Internet Firewall

Is the Internet Firewall working properly?
    I have to Accept all packets in order to have email and
    browser work. (Probably culd also only open some ports).
    This was not needed in the original and previous versions.
    Am I doing something wrong or is functionality changed?

i think so, turn off firewalling eventually then the firewall should work fine (yes stealthed..)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO