Find downloadable files here:
New custom firmware and accompanying sources (10 MBytes) for building it, root if you need this and the kernel patch.
Differences with 220.127.116.11-2
- Updated pwc (Philips webcams) kernel module to 8.12 version
- Update ov511 kernel module to 1.65 version
- Fixed errors in the ASUS modified printer.o to resolve problems with kernel oopses when printer is connected to the wl500g (thanks to ebakke for testing)
- Fixed DynDNS wildcard support - thanks for Death
- Replaced ntpclient with latest version & linked with uclibc, changed web interface appropriately. You can now specify symbolic (domain) name for the NTP server. But please note, what there is a feature/bug in the current firmware which is prevents pppoe/pptp autoconnect when symbolic name used.
- Added an ability to change Administator name (based on files submited by Technik)
- Fixed typos in rc.dnsmasq which prevents DNS & WINS servers to be sent to the clients (thanks to mdounin for findings)
- Added experimental client mode support (thanks to Technik for testing) - see Wireless page for current values. Please note what these stuff are only partially tested. In the client mode physical WAN port and WLAN roles are exchanged (i.e. WAN port becomes either LAN or DMZ depending on your settings). Please also note, what currently you can't change the operation mode using web interface! Instead you should change it using nvram commands:
Code:# turn on sta mode (0 = ap, 1 = sta, 2 = wet) nvram set 13_x_ClientMode=1 # If you need IBSS (Ad-hoc) mode add this also (0 = bss, 1 = ibss) nvram set 13_x_IBSS=1 # commit settings nvram commit # reboot reboot
- Enabled log rotation, so your logs should not be bigger than 200K.
- Changed firewall scripts. Telnet & ssh are no longer added to default firewall rules for the WAN access. You should instead use bootCmds for this in the way like this:
Code:# start ssh nvram set bootCmd0=/init/rc.sshd # disable access to ftp from the WAN side (replace ppp0 with your WAN iface) nvram set bootCmd1="echo \"iptables -D INPUT -i ppp0 -p tcp --syn --dport 21 -j ACCEPT\" >> /var/tmp/pppoe_rule2" # enable to access to ssh server nvram set bootCmd2="echo \"iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn --dport 22 -j ACCEPT\" >> /var/tmp/pppoe_rule2" # execute iptables script nvram set bootCmd3=/var/tmp/pppoe_rule2
- Flashed rootfs is now squash fs (the resultant image is now smaller than official firmwares)
- Added access to 64k "config" partition in the flash (/dev/mtblock/4, /dev/mtd/4) for storing anything you need (use mtdutil for write/erase)
- Busybox: added vi, tar, gzip, gunzip applets
- Added ether-wake utility for wake-on-lan functinality