Thread: alpha rt-n firmware releases

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It seems that /net/core/dev.c has code for this in dev_hard_start_xmit()/dev_queue_xmit(). Having driver support would/could though probably save some copying.

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    P.S. I suspect, that due to "crisis" in top managers brains, SDK development was moved to cheaper place with cheaper programmers. As result, quality of code ...
    I wonder if it can be cheaper than Linux community maintaining the drivers' code for free. Of course it would need a bit broader opening towards Linux than just releasing the code/doc. of a few selected drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ecaddict View Post
    I wonder if it can be cheaper than Linux community maintaining the drivers' code for free. Of course it would need a bit broader opening towards Linux than just releasing the code/doc. of a few selected drivers.
    that is probably the best investment a company can ever do...
    the only problem is: other people will get to know how a specific technology works, and protecting those technologies... well, they've probably spend a lot of money on that already

In the end, it's pretty much the same as the movie "the italian job", the mini's (the car) where not sponsored by BMC (the manufacturer), since they didn't understand what a great marketing it would be.
    nowadays a lot of cars get sponsored by the companies that produce them, like in the movie "I robot" with the audi.
    I hope a similar shift will happen in computer land soon, and that other companies will open up their code a bit.
    it's inevitable that linux will grow bigger

Hey everyone.

I'm linux noobie and need some help.
    Is it possible to mount a NTFS partition with write support? If it's possible, how? System log tells me that NTFS partition is mounted read-only.

My harddisk has 4 different partitions: optware (ext3), swap, data (ext3) and data (ntfs).

The second question is that how can I enable swap? or is it even needed (will the router benefit from it)?

If anyone is kind enough to help me, I really need clear instructions what to do.