Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: New oleg firmware version

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    Please read info at http://wl500g.googlecode.com/ - it's beta.

If someone can describe to you all difference between 2.4 & 2.6 kernels in a few words, he(she) will be true hero.
    I think you've gotten me wrong. I just want to know the difference between the rtn and the d build of wl500w. Not the difference between the two kernel version. The components that concerns me are the webcam support and wireless stability.

Quote Originally Posted by snowx View Post
    I just want to know the difference between the rtn and the d build of wl500w. Not the difference between the two kernel version. The components that concerns me are the webcam support and wireless stability.
    As you can read in forum, wireless driver provided by Broadcom in binary blob, so we can't modify it.
    Single major difference between rtn & d branches is ... kernel 2.6. Key points is here - http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/wiki/News

Hi wpte,

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I was thinking about oleg and USBoIP ...

but I've also found an opensource one with beta support for windows (so it's cross platform)
    this sounds very interesting. I was looking for such sw two years ago for the MGB100 but couldn't find anything free (no, there was one abandoned version in japan); still was hopeing that AVM would release/leak the code for the fritzbox

schufti
    find all my MGB100 files here, pass: mgb100

So, I was experimenting to link httpd with mini-lzo.
    http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/#minilzo

it only adds around ~5kb to the binary, while it can decompress webpages.
    If we pre-compress the webpages, it's possible to save around 40-50% of the total size, which is around 300kb.

good idea?

So, I was experimenting to link httpd with mini-lzo.
    http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/#minilzo

it only adds around ~5kb to the binary, while it can decompress webpages.
    If we pre-compress the webpages, it's possible to save around 40-50% of the total size, which is around 300kb.

good idea?
    Since webpages resides on root filesystem(squashfs) which already has lzma compression support, IMHO it will take no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    Since webpages resides on root filesystem(squashfs) which already has lzma compression support, IMHO it will take no effect.
    *slaps in his face*
    Yes, I was thinking about it while I should have remembered that part
    foolish me

*slaps in his face*
    Yes, I was thinking about it while I should have remembered that part
    foolish me
    don't be
    whatever, you could try whether it will take an effect in lzma over lzo

Hey, I'm using the new firmware, with a WL500GPv2.
    I was wondering if it would be possible to see a list of all attached devices.
    I saw the DHCP leases, where you find a MAC address an IP and some host name.
    When you click at wireless, you see (I think) the devices attached, but just with MAC address. Could it be possible to also show the hostname and IP?

Also, another question, if I would like to packet sniff everything what goes through the router (so LAN & WAN), what would be the best way to do this? (If possible of course)

Many thanks for this great firmware!

Quote Originally Posted by JendaB View Post
    Hey, I'm using the new firmware, with a WL500GPv2.
    I was wondering if it would be possible to see a list of all attached devices.
    I saw the DHCP leases, where you find a MAC address an IP and some host name.
    When you click at wireless, you see (I think) the devices attached, but just with MAC address. Could it be possible to also show the hostname and IP?

Also, another question, if I would like to packet sniff everything what goes through the router (so LAN & WAN), what would be the best way to do this? (If possible of course)

Many thanks for this great firmware!
    For snifing try t-shark, for a client-list install net-tools (then use "arp")

recent patches for the memory use less swap I see

(green swap, blue RAM)

I was thinking about oleg and USBoIP since things like sane don't work that fast... only 1 A4 sheet in 5 minutes on 300dpi
    So I guess usb over ip is a lot faster.

obviously you got the fantastic closed source solutions: http://usb-server.com/index.html
    but I've also found an opensource one with beta support for windows (so it's cross platform)
    There is USB/IP open source project with working solution on OpenWRT. Server side includes two kernel modules and userspace daemon.

Windows client is ready, kernel modules for RTN-fork too. But userspace daemon with two dependencies still hard to compile.

Quote Originally Posted by ryzhov_al View Post
    But userspace daemon with two dependencies still hard to compile.
    Could you please explain these dependencies more detailed? Didn't check it by myself yet

Lightbulb USB/IP is ready!

Since r2486 revision rtn fork supports USB/IP, which helps you to use USB devices without specific linux drivers at all!

USB/IP project now has restrictions with some compound USB-devices. We tested a number of USB-devices. Successfully:
    • USB-HDD. R/W speed is ~5,5MB/s at ~60% CPU load,
    • Canon printer with CARPS drivers,
    • D-Link DBT-122 bluetooth dongle,
    • USB mouse.

Won't work:

To use USB/IP it is necessary to tune a server part on a router and a client part on the PC where the USB-device will work on.

1. Tuning of the server part.
    The server part consists of two kernel modules and a userspace daemon.
    1.1. USB/IP modules are included in modules-1.9.2.7-rtn-rÕÕÕÕ.tgz. Download and plug them:
    Code:
    $ cd /opt
    $ wget ftp://core.dumped.ru/rt-n/2486/modules-1.9.2.7-rtn-r2486.tar.gz
    $ tar -xzvf ./modules-1.9.2.7-rtn-r2486.tar.gz
    $ modprobe usbip
    1.2. The userspace daemon is compiled as a ipk-package. You can attach a corresponding repository and do not think about manual updating. It is necessary to add following lines in a file/opt/etc/ipkg.conf
    Code:
    src/gz wl500g-d http://wl500g.googlecode.com/svn/ipkg/optware-d
    src/gz wl500g-optware http://wl500g.googlecode.com/svn/ipkg/optware
    and install the daemon:
    Code:
    $ ipkg install usbip
    Start the server part:
    Code:
    $ usbipd -D
    Now we have to look at the list of USB-devices which can be exported:
    Code:
    $ usbip_bind_driver --list
    List USB devices
     - busid 2-2 (2001:f111)
             2-2:1.0 -> none
             2-2:1.1 -> none
             2-2:1.2 -> none

- busid 1-1 (04fc:0c25)
             1-1:1.0 -> usb-storage
    The last USB-device 1-1 is a USB-HDD. Do not use uspip with it! Now it is necessary to make the device 2-2 accessible on the client side:
    Code:
    $ usbip_bind_driver --usbip 2-2
    2. Tuning the client part.
    The client part for Linux exists and is packaged in most of popular distributions. Windows client is here, lets make it work.
    2.1. Install USB Bus enumerator driver with USBIPEnum.inf. If successfully installed, the device will be named "Virtual USB Bus Enumerator" in section "System Devices" on Device Manager.
    2.2. Starting the userspace part. Usbip.exe must be started with Local Administrator credentials.
    Lets look what devices are exported by the server:
    Code:
    C:\usbip>usbip.exe -l 192.168.0.1
    usbip dbg: usbip_network.c: 229 (tcp_connect ) trying 192.168.0.1 port 3240

usbip dbg: usbip_network.c: 249 (tcp_connect ) connected to 192.168.0.1:3240
    - RTRouter
    usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 423 (query_exported_devices) exportable 1 devices
         2-2: unknown vendor : unknown product (2001:f111)
            : /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.0/usb2/2-2
            : unknown class / unknown subclass / unknown protocol (e0/01/01)
            :  0 - unknown class / unknown subclass / unknown protocol (e0/01/01)
            :  1 - unknown class / unknown subclass / unknown protocol (e0/01/01)
            :  2 - unknown class / unknown subclass / unknown protocol (ff/ff/ff)
    We see earlier exported device 2-2. Now connect it:
    Code:
    C:\usbip>usbip.exe -a 192.168.0.1 2-2

usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 147 (query_interface0) exportable 1 devices
    usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 164 (query_interface0)      2-2: unknown vendor : unknown product (2001:f111)
    usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 165 (query_interface0)         : /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.0/usb2/2-2
    usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 166 (query_interface0)         : unknown class / unknown subclass / unknown protocol (e0/01/01)
    usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 186 (query_interface0)         :  0 - unknown class /unknown subclass / unknown protocol (e0/01/01)
    usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 186 (query_interface0)         :  1 - unknown class /unknown subclass / unknown protocol (e0/01/01)
    usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 186 (query_interface0)         :  2 - unknown class /unknown subclass / unknown protocol (ff/ff/ff)
    usbip dbg:       usbip.c: 189 (query_interface0)

call from attch here

return from attch here

devfd:0022FF0C

new usb device attached to usbvbus port 1
    Then there should be a driver installation dialogue of the device connected to the router. The device will be visible in the Device Manager as if its connected not to a router, but to windows PC. Don't close the window with the usbip.exe started!

3. Shutting down.
    To shut down USB/IP correctly, it is necessary to execute above listed step in reverse order.
    3.1. On the client side open a new cmd.exe window and type:
    Code:
    C:\usbip>usbip.exe -d 2-2
    3.2. On the server side (the router), disconnect USB/IP driver from USB devices:
    Code:
    $ usbip_bind_driver --other 2-2
    ** (process:385): DEBUG: write "del 2-2" to /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbip/match_busid
    ** Message: bind 2-2 to other drivers than usbip, complete while using USB-device!
    Then stop the daemon:
    Code:
    $ killall usbipd
    4. Notes.

All the hard work for USB/IP adapting is done by theMIROn è lly. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by ryzhov_al; 04-03-2011 at 19:56.

thanks for the short how-to ryzhov_al
    Now I don't need to read all documentation first

hmm...
    I followed the steps above but eventually my ubuntu laptop says "failed" after 10s waiting

starting the daemon:
    Bind usbip.ko to a usb device to be exportable!
    dunno if that's a debug message, but I modprobed usbip.ko

devices are detected properly and while mounting:
    usbip_bind_driver --usbip 1-2.1
    ** (process:5888): DEBUG: 1-2.1:1.0 -> usb-storage
    ** (process:5888): DEBUG: unbinding interface
    ** (process:5888): DEBUG: write "add 1-2.1" to /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbip/match_busid
    works fine as well

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast