Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New oleg firmware version

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I already like the D release, so I can't wait till the full one, keep it up
    seems like dns-o-matic uses dyndns-like update api. you can try it right now (using 1.9.2.7-d exactly)
    create /usr/local/etc/ddns.conf according ez-ipupdate manuals, wðich is to be append to autogenerated /etc/ddns.conf
    any these params will override autogenerated ones, so you should specify server=updates.dnsomatic.com with typical ddns.org settings
    so, play with it, or i could patch ez-ipupdate to suit your dns-o-matic needs... some day...

FW upgrade w/o reset to factory default

I have a wl500gpv2 running 1.9.2.7-d-r893.trx. I'd like to upgrade to r1000 - do I have to reset the router to factory defaults before or after upgrading? Can I later upload saved settings file or do I have to enter them manually? Do you recommend against upgrading without resetting to factory defaults?

wilcham

How to disable access to router configuration from wireless?
    Option to disable wireless with ezsetup button?
    Option to write log file to usb hdd?
    WPA KEY generator ?
    link on router home page to http://wl500g.info/ and http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/?
    Last edited by downloadd; 27-02-2009 at 03:37.

Quote Originally Posted by downloadd View Post
    How to disable access to router configuration from wireless?
    read iptables manual
    Option to disable wireless with ezsetup button?
    search FAQ about /usr/local/sbin/ez-setup script
    Option to write log file to usb hdd?
    search forum. This very hard to be realized in standart GUI due to USB hdd mounts after logging starts & in case of error - hdd never be mounted automatic.
    WPA KEY generator ?
    Your suggestion?
    link on router home page to http://wl500g.info/ and http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/?
    maybe

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    WPA KEY generator ?
    Your suggestion?
    I made a quick generator, it's as attachment.

anyway, here was my feature request
    anyway... a little feature request popped up, and it's not like a big deal I think...
    The problem is that the webcam daemon generates a giant cpu load. If there was an option in the webinterface to limit it to eg 1fps

there is an option -s in rcamd, that lets you set after how many seconds it'll take a frame from the webcam, when 0 it is unlimited.

like this maybe:
    rcamd -p 7777 -s 1 -z MET-1METDST,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3 -a 0 -t 0 -r 0 -f 640x480 -m 100 -c 100
    if there could be a box to fill that in the webinterface, my sometimes working script at boot to reduce the fps of the webcam will become unneeded, and I don't have to restart the cam daemon.

what do you say?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I made a quick generator, it's as attachment.
    There is .EXE in attachment - it useless in unix! Anyway, maybe you can explain, why you want it in main firmware?
    anyway, here was my feature request
    accepted, but I can't you promise exact time of realization.

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    There is .EXE in attachment - it useless in unix! Anyway, maybe you can explain, why you want it in main firmware?

accepted, but I can't you promise exact time of realization.
    I didn't want the generator in the firmware... but because someone wanted a generator aparrently, I made a quick one in C#.
    it doesn't work in wine either, because it's .net 3.5
    I couldn't convert it back to 2.0 unfortunately, too mutch errors

I can give you the source if you want?

edit:
    the webpages are written in ASP right?
    then a button with this code linked to it might do the job quickly:
    http://www.sashadesign.com/howto/7/
    Last edited by wpte; 28-02-2009 at 12:19.

One of the goals for the new firmware mentioned in the initial post was "better ipv6 support". However, it seems that IPv6 support ist currently completly disabled.

Is it possible to compile the firmware with IPv6 support enabled?

if you read carefully, the first post was also a sort of wishlist.

ipkg error

ipkg.sh update
    mkdir: cannot create directory '//opt/tmp/': Read-only file system

Can you please add an option to mask/unmask password fields

Hi, i still using the old OLEG firmware (pre10 version), i've tried 2 times the "new" firmware from http://code.google.com/p/wl500g and i found some issues in iptables, some rules were not applied, some other were (oleg OLEG version worked fine) but that was along time ago. So i decided today to install the R740 version that was available to download and the first thing i noticed was that the web enviroment its constantly failing "web page not found" when i travel over the web interface menus it shows many time that message, i've tried another computer and the same happen, i've used again the old OLEG version and it's all working fine, so i gave up from the new fw version again

Update: With Mozilla Firefox all works fine, with IE8 shows the "web page error", but with old OLEG it doesn't? Any explanation for this? Anyone noticed the same?
    Last edited by hggomes; 26-11-2009 at 04:26.

Quote Originally Posted by hggomes View Post
    Update: With Mozilla Firefox all works fine, with IE8 shows the "web page error", but with old OLEG it doesn't? Any explanation for this? Anyone noticed the same?
    Didn't you forget about browser cache clearing?

Quote Originally Posted by theMIROn View Post
    Didn't you forget about browser cache clearing?
    Hi, offcourse not, i've tried that and even better. I've used IE8 from other machine and the same happen, but only with your fw version. I can't understand why. Can you test it with IE8 please? Browse all menus please.

Can you test it with IE8 please? Browse all menus please.
    Sorry, I haven't IE at all and even don't want to install it under wine. Try any reliable browser (Opera, Firefox, Chrome, ...)

Hi, i still using the old OLEG firmware (pre10 version), i've tried 2 times the "new" firmware from http://code.google.com/p/wl500g and i found some issues in iptables, some rules were not applied, some other were (oleg OLEG version worked fine) but that was along time ago.
    iptables was upgraded, as you can read in NEWS. So, syntax may be changed and you should check this.
    Anyway, some bugs can be present in new iptables too. Unless you provide details, nobody can say something useful.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast