Thread: Wifi problem

Wifi problem

Hi,
    my notebook disconnects every minute for 2-3 seconds and then reconnect again and I can see message on windows taskbar about wireless connection. Other computers connected with cable are OK. Any ideas how to fix this ? Thanx for help.

Quote Originally Posted by jarosujo View Post
    Hi,
    my notebook disconnects every minute for 2-3 seconds and then reconnect again and I can see message on windows taskbar about wireless connection. Other computers connected with cable are OK. Any ideas how to fix this ? Thanx for help.
    try updating your wifi card drivers and disable third party wireless managers, let wireless zero configuration (windows embedded utility) to do the job

I think problem is with router, not with laptop. I believe I had similar problem with another computer using asus wifi card.

Believe me, your problem is your pc - for instance netgear, d-link and some other devices have the probs with windows. Follow renegates advice - you'll see it works.

I am using windows wifi manager, no other managers installed. It looks like "wifi modul" of wl500gp is restarting about once a minute.

I am using windows wifi manager, no other managers installed. It looks like "wifi modul" of wl500gp is restarting about once a minute.
    check concurrent APs on the same channel with kismet, or netslumber, or cain, or commview or whatever. if there are other APs on the same channel see http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=87664&postcount=11 ,maybe you have that problem. you can find more details in that post.

or simply try to move your AP to an other channel and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bbaccsi View Post

or simply try to move your AP to an other channel and see what happens.
    How can I do that?

How can I do that?
    log on to your asus web admin interface.
    Wireless->Interface->Channel (select any)->(Apply)->Finish->say OK to reboot