Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Download Master

1. Question wl-500w Download Master Web interface

Hi

I just came to know that for wl-700ge asus also gives a web interface (through the admin pages) to access the download master functionality and this is a great news for people who run linux (and still use original fw), as they cant run the windows utility.
    Moreover, it is said that the web interface is much better than the utility in terms of features as well as reliability.
    Does anyone know if there is any way to have the same kind of thing with wl-500w
    Thanks

2. Download Master web interface

Hi
    (Had posted this earlier in wl-500w forum but this applies to wl-500g as well, so thought of asking here for better exposure. Mods, please feel free to delete/move/merge this thread if you find it inappropriate)

I just came to know that for wl-700ge asus also gives a web interface (through the admin pages) to access the download master functionality and this is a great news for people who run linux (and still use original fw), as they cant run the windows utility.
    Moreover, it is said that the web interface is much better than the utility in terms of features as well as reliability.
    Does anyone know if there is any way to have the same kind of thing with wl-500w
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shantanugoel View Post
    Hi

Thanks
    wine is the solution?
    wine almoast runs anything from windows on linux

4. Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    wine is the solution?
    wine almoast runs anything from windows on linux
    Yeah, that was my first line of thought. But I read somwhere that it didn't work (I am yet to receive my router, so can't test it. Preparing for the onslaught as soon as I get it tomorrow )
    Moreover, I read in a review that the windows utility is very buggy but the web interface works fine.

Welcome to "BEING RIPPED BY ASUS" world

Enjoy your stay and if you want torrent downloading you need alternative firmware. Searching the forum is your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by shantanugoel View Post
    Yeah, that was my first line of thought. But I read somwhere that it didn't work (I am yet to receive my router, so can't test it. Preparing for the onslaught as soon as I get it tomorrow )
    Moreover, I read in a review that the windows utility is very buggy but the web interface works fine.

yeh it's buggy and slow, wich is too bad
    I'm using the lastest oleg...

anyway, for wine, you might need to activate some dll's to make it work.
    I mean, it can run crysis (with bad graphics) so it should run a download tool like that

7. @wpte: BTW I received my router yesterday. haven't got time to play with it yet, but now I am thinking of doing something better. I'd probably reverse engineer either the download master utility and build smthing similar natively for linux or would try to extract the web interface part from wl-700ge firmware and add it here. What say?

wl-500w and download master

hi
    i have have just bought an asus wl-500w router
    so i can download with my pc turned off.
    does anyone know if it is possible to download folders or queued files
    via ftp (using flash fxp), at moment i can only download 1 file at a time using download master - any help greatly appreciated
    thanks
    dale

sorry if this has been asked before but ive done a search to no avail

You can try to download a folder instead of a file... but if that doesn't work, I think the downloadmaster just can't do that

thanx for the reply - do you if it would be possible if i use oleg's firmware ?
    and can download master be used with newsgroups
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dale978 View Post
    thanx for the reply - do you if it would be possible if i use oleg's firmware ?
    and can download master be used with newsgroups
    thank you
    the downloadmaster is not available on olegs.
    It is however possible to download several different things on olegs like torrents (with rtorrent or transmissiono) and also newsgroups(with hellaNZB).
    downloading via ftp and http will still be possible via a sort of service called ados.

downloading on olegs is also quite a lot faster

thanx
    i have installed olegs firmware (1973)
    is there a guide to get the apps running
    all tutorials ive found seem way to complicated
    the program putty says conection refused when i try connecting !

Quote Originally Posted by dale978 View Post
    thanx
    i have installed olegs firmware (1973)
    is there a guide to get the apps running
    all tutorials ive found seem way to complicated
    the program putty says conection refused when i try connecting !

try wengi's: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10307

the wl-500gP forums are full of how-to's that also work on the wl500w

Don't you, by any chance, know how to start the Download Master if it cannot find the router? The router itself works all right, the Asus device finder finds it without any problem but the Master says that the device is not found...

thanx wpte for the replies,ive got oleg's firmware installed and am using headstart 2 image-my new problem is trying to put my ext powered usb drive into standby(if poss) when not downloading -overnight etc.
    as for download master it was nothing but trouble when used it-sometimes it would find usb drive others not

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast