Thread: Will a HP LaserJet 1600 work with the WL-500gP?

Will a HP LaserJet 1600 work with the WL-500gP?

Hello...

I'm new here, but I _did_ try the search function first! ;)

Here we go:
    I was just about to buy a couple of WL-500gP's, one for myself and one for a friend... when I realized that my friends printer might not work. So i started searching the net for success stories, but couldn't find any. ;(

Has anyone succeeded in running a Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 1600 on an Asus WL-500g Premium?

Part of the story is, that this HP printer has been running fine on a D-link router with USB port earlier, so "it should work". On the other hand, the HP is one of those "host based printing" machines, which _doesn't_ work well with the WL-500gP, according to another thread in the forum...

I'm beginning to feel a bit confused here. :P

Can anyone clear things up for me? Will it work or not? And if not, why _did_ it work on the D-link? (Sorry, don't remember the model.)

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    (cut)
    Can anyone clear things up for me? Will it work or not? And if not, why _did_ it work on the D-link? (Sorry, don't remember the model.)
    Seems like the D-link in question, a DI-524UP (i think...) uses something called LPR, and since the WL-500gP uses that too (right?), I think it will work.

If noone here has said otherwise by tomorrow, I'll order it, test it, and tell you how it went...

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    Seems like the D-link in question, a DI-524UP (i think...) uses something called LPR, and since the WL-500gP uses that too (right?), I think it will work.

If noone here has said otherwise by tomorrow, I'll order it, test it, and tell you how it went...
    I can hereby report that everything worked just fine.

Asus WL-500G Premium + HP Laserjet 1600 = no problem.