Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Firmware 2.0.0.7

u don't need the hack, telnet is already enabled in 2.0.0.7.
    Yeah, i hope Kfurge is able to kill the deamon coz its not password protected .

Sollie.

Hi Friends!

I upgraded too on 2.0.0.7, all looks like, but feature "Photo Library" d'not work, I can't view photo in my published Photo Library

Question not in a topic, what you use for cooling device? In my opinion, for internal hdd aren't long life in this working temperature...

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post
    That's good news. What kernel version is running?

- K.C.
    huhu 2.4.20, better than 1.0.4.6?

greetz

Quote Originally Posted by sollie View Post
    Yeah, i hope Kfurge is able to kill the deamon coz its not password protected .

Sollie.
    I guess there is this kind of telnet because it is a development release.

I like the new UI. It is much better now, in all aspects.

The first firmware update did not worked properly for me. Next update worked fine after a reset to defaults.

Secure WLAN did not worked properly at first setup (felt like the keys/passwords on the router and PC did matched, although I reentered them few times). But then I did a new setup again and now it works fine.

My files on the disk were untouched by the firmware update, but make a backup of you files if you have something valuable there.

Does anybody know where to change the workgrop. Right now its using: WORKGROUP. Thats why it didnt show up in my network.

Sollie.

WOOOOW, my wireless speed is 2.4 megabite p/s.

Sollie.

Quote Originally Posted by elgatoz View Post
    huhu 2.4.20, better than 1.0.4.6?
    Unfortunately not... Same as 1.0.4.6 :-(

I was hoping to see a 2.6.x kernel with a major version bump from 1 to 2.

- K.C.

does anybody know when asus comes with a update or aren't there anymore updates for this box cause last week a newer firmware for the wl500gp came out

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Does anybody know howto enable port 21 from wan to lan. I want the wl700 ge ftp-server reacheble from the net.

I am looking for a way, using the origional ui.

Sollie.

Anyone else having problems getting attached usb storage to work properly? I can format the disk (a 250g buffalo) but when i try to create a volume for sharing i get "Failed attempting to create pool". I've tried through the "file sharing managment" tab and the "network and system" tab, no luck.

I could probably create and mount a volume myself through command line but i'm not sure what device an attached usb drive gets added as, it's not in /dev/usb..

~thanks

Quote Originally Posted by etheric View Post
    Anyone else having problems getting attached usb storage to work properly? I can format the disk (a 250g buffalo) but when i try to create a volume for sharing i get "Failed attempting to create pool". I've tried through the "file sharing managment" tab and the "network and system" tab, no luck.

I could probably create and mount a volume myself through command line but i'm not sure what device an attached usb drive gets added as, it's not in /dev/usb..

~thanks
    I figured it out, i just had to reboot the router and then the create volume worked.. Other than that little snafu the 2.0.0.7 firmware is great.

hi all,

got some questions before I 'upgrade' to the new FW, I'm currently using kfurge's lovely fw,

-does the harddrive spin down with this new fw?
    -has there been any improvment to the bt client? (i.e. scheduler? or partial torrent download?)
    -does the print server work when the unit has been power cycled without the need to go into the config?

Thanks guys
    -t-
    Last edited by turrican; 18-06-2007 at 06:22.

Utilities wont work ...

Hi, is it possible that old utilities 1.7 wont work anymore and therefore neither the download manager nor the photo album can connect to the router ...

Thanks for feedback

antoschka

Hey,

i am new to this forum so hi@all. I recieved my A700 this week and as i looked through the net for little detailed information this thread poped up - so i installed 2.0.0.7 (nothing to loose).

Right after clicking on "go" the page seemed to upload it and turned white. After 5 Minutes of waiting nothing happend. So i resetted and es voila ... 2.0.0.7. (Okay, i am not mentioning my cold sweat right here ...)

So i never had big exp with the other FWs aroud but i really like to hear Furges "spinning down" and "ctorrent" mods ... my 2.0.0.7 isnt spinning down .. neither it does work along with torrent files.

If anyone has some hints how to speed'em up or slow the disk down - i would be pleased!
    Last edited by pixelartist; 28-06-2007 at 20:58. Reason: double word
    Where our calculations fail we talk about coincidence.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pixelartist View Post
    Hey,

i am new to this forum so hi@all. I recieved my A700 this week and as i looked through the net for little detailed information this thread poped up - so i installed 2.0.0.7 (nothing to loose).

Right after clicking on "go" the page seemed to upload it and turned white. After 5 Minutes of waiting nothing happend. So i resetted and es voila ... 2.0.0.7. (Okay, i am not mentioning my cold sweat right here ...)

So i never had big exp with the other FWs aroud but i really like to hear Furges "spinning down" and "ctorrent" mods ... my 2.0.0.7 isnt spinning down .. neither it does work along with torrent files.

If anyone has some hints how to speed'em up or slow the disk down - i would be pleased!

Go to kfurges page and everything you need will be there.
    http://home.comcast.net/~kfurge/wl700ge.html

The firmeware he wrote is based upon 1.0.4.6 version. To me most stable one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast