Thread: firmware build problem

firmware build problem

I'm trying to compile and build the firmware from the GPL1.1.2.4 sourcecode. Although I followed all the instructions given in the ASUS-readme(s), I get build errors. The problem is that some shared libraries can not be found by the MIPSEL toolchain. I see that these libs are available and are stored in the /lib directoy of the MIPSEL toolchain (opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-linux/lib). What is missing? Do I have to add a path or perhaps edit a makefile?

Search the forum, there are posts by Oleg which explain what to do to setup the build environment...

Aha, forgot to modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    Builds nicely now.

I managed to build a firmware from GPL 1.1.2.4
    Now there are 2 .trx files in the mipsel dir: linux.trx and WLHDD_1.1.2.4_en.trx
    Which one should I flash?

Can the flashtool be used in case my firmware doesn't work (which is quite likely )?

Quote Originally Posted by JOCKYW2001
    Congratiolations!!! without any modifications?

Now there are 2 .trx files in the mipsel dir: linux.trx and WLHDD_1.1.2.4_en.trx
    Which one should I flash?

Can the flashtool be used in case my firmware doesn't work (which is quite likely )?
    normally the linux.trx is the output from the one you have compiled

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

As I am terribly impatient I flashed WLHDD_1.1.2.4_en.trx and it guess what, it boots up

Yeah, I disabled FAT support (it wouldn't compile with that) and I enabled the kernel NFSv3, but fttb I don't know if that actually runs since I don't see a /etc/exports neither do I see the rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd daemons.

Anyhow that'll be a matter of time. Feel free to give me some tips

hi,
    As I am terribly impatient I flashed WLHDD_1.1.2.4_en.trx and it guess what, it boots up
    Yeah, I disabled FAT support (it wouldn't compile with that) and I enabled the kernel NFSv3....that'll be a matter of time
    oh man, you made my day! Thank you very much!
    Did you export every Partition?

cu,
    peter

Quote Originally Posted by petgun
    oh man, you made my day! Thank you very much!
    Did you export every Partition?
    Well, I didn't export anything yet. That's what I like to figure out. At the moment I have no idea what else I have to do to get the built-in NFS daemon to work. I would hope it is just adding a exports file somewhere, but I'm afraid that's not enough. But I'm quite confident that it won't take that much longer.

update:
    it seems I also need this: http://freshmeat.net/projects/nfs-utils/
    Last edited by JOCKYW2001; 05-10-2004 at 15:59.

hi,
    it seems I also need this: http://freshmeat.net/projects/nfs-utils/
    sound's good...and i'ts nice to see how fast you step forward!
    Do you still have periodic (every 3-8 sec) HD-Access with green LED flashing even if you do nothing? I ask that, because i think that this HD-Watchdog or whaterver that is, may be also responsible for file inconsistence if the HD was very busy.

cu,
    peter
    Last edited by petgun; 05-10-2004 at 17:11.

Do you still have periodic (every 3-8 sec) HD-Access with green LED flashing even if you do nothing?
    the green HDD led is flashing once each ~15sec , but this frequency is not constant

the ethernet LAN led is now correctly flashing in green for 100mbs and yellow for 10mbs

Hi,
    the green HDD led is flashing once each ~15sec , but this frequency is not constant
    ..same to me....and you still don't know the reason for that periodic HD-Access ?

the ethernet LAN led is now correctly flashing in green for 100mbs and yellow for 10mbs
    :-) :-) so the manual is now correct and who knows what else...maybe that was only a blemish/Schönheitsfehler...I don't think so...:-)

cu,
    peter

PS:Maybe you already know the original NFS-HowTo at http://nfs.sourceforge.net/ very good and I am sure in http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/server.html you'll find all the answers to your questions.
    Last edited by petgun; 05-10-2004 at 23:33.

:-) :-) so the manual is now correct and who knows what else...maybe that was only a blemish/Schönheitsfehler...I don't think so...:-)
    oops sorry , the manual is incorrect

it should be:
    10mbs = green led
    100mbs = yellow led

I thought it was fixed in 1.1.2.4 and later but it isn't (my nic was in 10mb mode wheras i thought it was in 100mbs ...)

oops sorry , the manual is incorrect..
    ;-) ok

cu,
    peter