Thread: Appletalk and other ethernet frames over wifi

Appletalk and other ethernet frames over wifi

I am using an old ethernet appletalk protocol to access printer. Everything works when PC and printer are connected to the ethernet ports, but when i hook up the machine to wifi, appletalk somehow doesn't go through. IP connectivity between wifi and ethernet is no problem. Is there some special restriction on what ethernet frames can go via wi-fi?

How can I play with wifi parameter setting via commandline? Or run some debug for ethernet treffic there?

Strangely enough I believe printing worked before I flashed oleg's 1.9.2.7-7g fw over the original one, but I can't confirm that 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcookie View Post
    I am using an old ethernet appletalk protocol to access printer. Everything works when PC and printer are connected to the ethernet ports, but when i hook up the machine to wifi, appletalk somehow doesn't go through. IP connectivity between wifi and ethernet is no problem. Is there some special restriction on what ethernet frames can go via wi-fi?
    None at all, 802.11a/b/g/n is just like Ethernet in that regard. What does "doesn't go through" mean specifically? What error messages are you getting?