Thread: All data disappeared after switching OFF ....

All data disappeared after switching OFF ....

its amazing ... I noticed after pushing OFF and ON again next morning that access wasnt possible any more and ALL DATA WERE GONE !!!!!

By selecting the Web Manager it shows an unmounted disk and 249,6 GB disk free .... how is that possible damned ???????

One of you noticed something similar too ?

Is it known ?

Thanks

OK all data again there and disk status: GOOD (green) but only when connected by cable, if wlan is used again disk empty and unmounted .... any ideas ?

I don't think it really is gone. I bet all your data is there, but the Asus has a problem with recognizing it.

I had something similar after it had filled my mirror drive for the first time. Next morning both drives showed empty...
    I could not recover then, because I knew too little. So I reloaded the factory defaults and reloaded the firmware and started all over.

Some weeks ago I erased an external disk and defined a new volume on it.
    When I mounted it at my Linux pc, all data in the first primairy (ReiserFS) partition where still there and not erased.

Search this forum for messages about mounting an external disk with ReiserFS.
    I bet you could do something like that, if you take out the internal disk, screw it in a usb-house, attach it to your linux/Knoppix pc, mount it.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by mumsoft View Post
    Search this forum for messages about mounting an external disk with ReiserFS.
    I bet you could do something like that, if you take out the internal disk, screw it in a usb-house, attach it to your linux/Knoppix pc, mount it.

Marc

I have no idea with Linux, I am happy that my notebook works fine with win-xp ... Linux is for me like complicating life .... I am a regular pc-user .... but thanks anyway for kind help ....