Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to save current firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    It can also be a samba bug as well...
    Yes, you are quite right

hi,
    if I try to delete such a folder with many small files (>20000), after a while I always get the message 'Network is not availiable' and the filesystem is inconsistence :-( I tried that several times always with the same result.
    In that way the WL-HDD is not useable and i look forward to the NFS-Server (maybe as a replacement for Samba)...i think that will be a great step not only for Linux-user. I already installed a NFS-Client on my PC...SFU for Windows from MS$ which is totally free and _perfect_ integrated in Windows.
    cu,
    peter

<edit>
    add Link to SFU
    </edit>
    Last edited by petgun; 05-10-2004 at 10:03.

Are your files stored correctly on the harddisk when you use the embedded FTP server? If so I really think this is a Samba problem.

Are your files stored correctly on the harddisk when you use the embedded FTP server? If so I really think this is a Samba problem.
    ..i think you are right...but with what you called 'stupid ftp' it was impossible (only for me?) to store nested directories with FlashFXP or another FTP-Program

cu,
    peter

The FTP server' name is 'Stupid-ftp'.

On WL-500g you are able to create subdirectories using the FTP server, you just have to create them one-by-one. Don't know if this works with WL-HDD though.

I use SmartFTP as a client, which works great.

hi,
    On WL-500g you are able to create subdirectories using the FTP server, you just have to create them one-by-one.
    that works also on the WL-HDD....but that is really stupid and to hard if you try to copy 23172 files in 1913 folders I wonder very much, that ASUS did not implement a full qualified ftp-server...should be very easy..

cu,
    peter
    Last edited by petgun; 05-10-2004 at 06:08.

Yes, well, compile a full featured FTP server and bob's your uncle m8. It's on my wishlist as well, but I'm playing too much games lately (Just enjoying my ADSL). Just make sure you post it back here so other folks can enjoy it too

You can also try to create a PHP script which does all the work for you...

hi,
    a wishlist is a very good idea! Is ASUS reading/posting here in the forum?
    I only read that ASUS is not responding to personal Feature Requests or/and ignore commiting Bugs. What you think about an open letter to ASUS here in the forum?

cu,
    peter

PS:my points for the wishlist:

1: Telnet-Server
    2: full qualified FTP-Server
    3: Fixing Samba (for the Windows User)
    4: NFSv3 Server
    5: direct mounting for USB-Storage-Devices (no autocopy!)
    5: ????

please feel free and add your points to the list.
    Last edited by petgun; 05-10-2004 at 09:16.

[QUOTE=petgun]hi,
    QUOTE]

This may help fixing SAMBA

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...ay/014178.html
    Brubber

WL-500g, WL-138g, WL-160g

[QUOTE=brubber]
    Quote Originally Posted by petgun
    hi,
    QUOTE]

This may help fixing SAMBA

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...ay/014178.html
    thank you! I think that is a very good hint and i hope Oleg/Antiloop/JOCKYW2001/??? will try that asap and improve the firmware for us..and ASUS ;-)

cu,
    peter

to add some points..

the WL-HDD is able to serve as printserver too

i just flashed a 1.8.1.7pre3 into it and the thing booted normally but ofcourse acted as an wl500g but the ethernet port is the WAN port then so you have to login wirelessy otherwise you can't access it because of the firewall

some thinking of me, perhaps it's possible to remove the FTP from the firmware and put a firmware on the HDD itselve
    this should enable us (ofcourse memory use is still a point!) to implement bigger packages

but this is still future talk, my WL-HDD MUST carry first a 3,5inch hd and I still don't have a 2,5inch to 3,5inch convertor..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

hi,
    super, sounds great! Did you also try to mount a USB-Storage Device?
    cu,
    peter

hi,
    super, sounds great! Did you also try to mount a USB-Storage Device?
    cu,
    peter
    well in fact the WL-HDD does this already.. only at moment of inserting it runs a script 'usbcp' I think

and what that program is doing you can imagine yourself already now I guess..

meaning that you can create manual (via telnet of webinterface) a mount point to /tmp/harddrive/part1/usbstorage for example

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    well in fact the WL-HDD does this already.. only at moment of inserting it runs a script 'usbcp' I think
    ..and the horrible autocopy starts which don't work properly :-(

meaning that you can create manual (via telnet of webinterface) a mount point to /tmp/harddrive/part1/usbstorage for example
    ...i'll try that...but before i have to wait nearly 40 minutes (and pray that the WL-HDD dont crash) until autocopy has finnished and then i have to delete many Folders with garbage..:-( I prefer to wait until i know how to deactivate autocopy forever...I will search for the script 'usbcp' to do that..

cu,
    peter
    Last edited by petgun; 06-10-2004 at 12:02.

hi,

..and the horrible autocopy starts which don't work properly :-(
    I prefer to wait until i know how to deactivate autocopy forever...I will search for the script 'usbcp' to do that..

cu,
    peter
    I will switch that annoying "feature" off and add a mount

PS: the stick should not be formatted in fat, since I had to disable fat support in the kernel due to the fact that it didn't compile with fat support enabled ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast