Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SANE (Scanner server) - Any chance for WL-500g?

The problem with the iscan source is that it heavily uses C++ for library and patches to the source is needed.

I have attached iscan.mk to start with. For more instructions how to build this visit http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware and wiki on www.nslu2-linux.org

When you wil have workable version you can post me to include it into optware. I am watching this thread so we can stay in touch here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Epkowa

Hi Oleo,
    Whole package “iscan” is not possible to build due to missing library GDE. I am sure that this library will miss permanently.
    I am working on backend “epkowa” only. I installed the following packages: buildrot, coreutils, libtool, m4 and make. I separated backend necessary files and a little bit modified. But one of source file I can not compile “libltdl/ltdl”. This library needs a C++ library “argz”.
    Do you know where is possible to get this library and header for it?
    When you interest it you can see my version of epkowa backend source files (not finished).

You should look for emerge builds examples or maybe some debian/ubuntu packages for dependencies. In any case I think that C++ code will need to be adapted for tollchain in use (4.1.1) and uclibc or glibc directly.

sane-backends-extras

I founded on Debian server the source files <sane-backends-extras-1.0.18.16>.
    I file <configure.in> I remove the following unix variants: AIX, MINIX and ISC_POSIX and set default compiler/linker include directory to </opt/include>.
    Run <autoconf> and got <configure> file.
    Run <configure> and got a lot of <makefile’s>.
    Change <prefix> to </opt> in each of <makefile> and run <make>.
    After building all files I tried to use <make install> but without success. Due to I copied all files <libsane-epkowa.*> from <backend/.libs> to </opt/lib/sane> and made symlink and copy <epkowa.conf> file to </opt/etc/sane>.

The command <scanimage –L> do not find any scanner and <sane-find-scanner> find my scanner Epson V200.

Can anybody to test my compiled backend driver for their scanner and tell me how to correct install backend driver.

Thanks.

PS. I planned to attach all files after compilation but there is some space limitation. Due to I attach the original source files and compiled drivers only. If you have some problems, send me your e-mail and I will send to you all files after compilation by e-mail.

I repeat.
    First try to get It working on linux machine. Then go to cross-compile. See instructions at nslu2-linux.org site and http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware

Oleo,
    I found where is problem. The Sane-backends-extras package is compiled well (I hope). But some scannres:
    - Perfection 1250/Perfection 1250 PHOTO
    - Perfection 1260/Perfection 1260 PHOTO
    - Perfection 2480 PHOTO
    - Perfection 2580 PHOTO
    - Perfection 3170 PHOTO
    - Perfection 3490 PHOTO
    - Perfection 3590 PHOTO
    - Perfection 4180 PHOTO
    - Perfection 4490 PHOTO
    - Perfection V10
    - Perfection V100 PHOTO
    - Perfection V200 PHOTO
    - Perfection V350 PHOTO
    needs a additional plugin. This plugin is in iscan package, but it is precompiled for i386 architecture only. The Avasys company do not distribute a source files.

HP AIO (Officejet 5600) - libsane-hpaio?

Hi all,

I have the following problem. Attached my HP AIO USB-Scanner.
    - Installed sane-backends
    - and alex_g's scanner.o with my vendor settings
    sane-find-scanner shows me now the device, but scanning with scanimage does not work, which means that there is no suiting SANE backend. Tried to debug and infact

Code:
    $ export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128
    $ scanimage -L
    gives me the debug output that no backend module in /opt/lib/sane is fitting.
    [dll] sane_get_devices: found 0 devices

Going to the sane website gives me no support, as it seems that this project is not very active anymore.
    However going to the HPLIP project has support for my device (via SANE), but the module libsane-hpaio seems to be needed.

HPLIP seems not to be available as an Optware Package?!

Can someone help me to compile this module (libsane-hpaio) out of HPLIP or to compile HPLIP???

Thx

Gregor

Quote Originally Posted by lohmueller View Post
    Hi all

I tried to attach an Epson USB-Scanner to my WL500gx. At first it looks good, but I'm unable to scan anything. Directly connected to my linux-notebook, this scanner works great with sane.

What I did:
    - Installed sane-backends
    - and alex_g's scanner.o

sane-find-scanner shows me now the device, but scanning with scanimage does not work (see output below).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thomas

Code:
    [admin@router /tmp]$ sane-find-scanner
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x011d) at /dev/usb/scanner0
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x011d [EPSON Scanner], chip=LM983x?) at libusb:001:002
      # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
      # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

[admin@router /tmp]$ scanimage -L
    No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
    check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
    sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
    which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).

Give me a pointer to similar gentoo package and downloadable source code.

Hi oleo,

Quote Originally Posted by oleo View Post
    Give me a pointer to similar gentoo package and downloadable source code.
    Gentoo sources I have found can be found here (current version 2.7.12)http://gentoo-portage.com/net-print/hplip
    HPLIP homepage is here: http://hplip.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

Then I have found a debian port to mipsel of HPLIP at http://packages.debian.org/hplip?lang=en&keywords=hplip but the packages seam quite old to me and I don't know which kernel they were built for.

don't know if this could be useful?

please let me know if you need further info!

thank you

Gregor

I have prepared HPLIP package with changeset/7719

This is quite huge package that I assume needs expert knowledge for getting most of it. Anyway package needs testing for all platforms until it will be available at nslu2 repository. Wait until then. Then fiddle it by yourself and post me your findings when u have positive results.

OPTWARE PACKAGE

Thanks oleo,

that´s great news!!!
    The HPLIP package is supporting 1,257 printers and scanners from HP, so I think this will help many people if we get it running.

I´m not a big expert in compiling however, but will try to check it out and cross compile it and let you know here.

Anyway thank you so much for your effort.

Kind regards, gregor

hplip can be found in repositories by now.

Oleo, you THA MAN faster then a light beam!

I will let you know my results soon! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by oleo View Post
    hplip can be found in repositories by now.

hplip: dlopen + File not found

Hi oleo,

I have installed Hplip; but it doesn't work yet: this is the output I get from scanimage -L
    scanimage -L
    [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of dll to 128.
    [dll] sane_init: SANE dll backend version 1.0.12 from sane-backends 1.0.18-cvs
    [dll] sane_init: reading dll.conf
    [dll] add_backend: adding backend `hpaio'
    [dll] sane_get_devices
    [dll] load: searching backend `hpaio' in `/opt/lib/sane'
    [dll] load: trying to load `/opt/lib/sane/libsane-hpaio.so.1'
    [dll] load: dlopen()ing `/opt/lib/sane/libsane-hpaio.so.1'
    [dll] load: dlopen() failed (File not found)
    [dll] sane_get_devices: found 0 devices
    The interesting part of this problem is that the file /opt/lib/sane/libsane-hpaio.so.1 is actually where the app is looking for it.

futher reading on the error brought me to the dlopen man page: http://linux.die.net/man/3/dlopen and to this thread from a guy on a mips board without an answer ...

hp-check and hp-scan commands provided by hplip give me:
    CUPSEXT could not be loaded. Please check HPLIP installation.
    This is however related to CUPS and not to SANE, but it makes me think that there is something general missing here. What do you suggest?

This is the only thing I found googling for this error:
    https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/20762

Kind regards
    Last edited by dotmaster; 08-02-2008 at 22:27. Reason: some better markup

If you are able to understand kernel system calls than I suggest that you install package strace and run scanimage with strace. Otherwise we must find a line where this ouput occured and figure out possible outcomes that generated this output.

Normally status reports from programs give us most probable cause for the error. Eg. missing filename. If filename is there then there is a problem with loading .so files.

If this is a C++ source code then most probable the problem is with libuclibc++ that has some problems with LJSJ unwind. And the simplest solution is to build the sources without uclibc++.

THis seems to be sane related problem that can be caused by differences in build parameters with sane and hplip. And it might go as far as to uclibc dynamic loader. >What you can do is to install buildroot package on your router and then try to compile simple programs with dlopen.
    Last edited by oleo; 09-02-2008 at 09:32. Reason: uclibc suspect

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast