Thread: SANE (Scanner server) - Any chance for WL-500g?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Epkowa

Hi Oleo,
    Whole package “iscan” is not possible to build due to missing library GDE. I am sure that this library will miss permanently.
    I am working on backend “epkowa” only. I installed the following packages: buildrot, coreutils, libtool, m4 and make. I separated backend necessary files and a little bit modified. But one of source file I can not compile “libltdl/ltdl”. This library needs a C++ library “argz”.
    Do you know where is possible to get this library and header for it?
    When you interest it you can see my version of epkowa backend source files (not finished).
    Attached Files Attached Files

You should look for emerge builds examples or maybe some debian/ubuntu packages for dependencies. In any case I think that C++ code will need to be adapted for tollchain in use (4.1.1) and uclibc or glibc directly.

sane-backends-extras

I founded on Debian server the source files <sane-backends-extras-1.0.18.16>.
    I file <configure.in> I remove the following unix variants: AIX, MINIX and ISC_POSIX and set default compiler/linker include directory to </opt/include>.
    Run <autoconf> and got <configure> file.
    Run <configure> and got a lot of <makefile’s>.
    Change <prefix> to </opt> in each of <makefile> and run <make>.
    After building all files I tried to use <make install> but without success. Due to I copied all files <libsane-epkowa.*> from <backend/.libs> to </opt/lib/sane> and made symlink and copy <epkowa.conf> file to </opt/etc/sane>.

The command <scanimage –L> do not find any scanner and <sane-find-scanner> find my scanner Epson V200.

Can anybody to test my compiled backend driver for their scanner and tell me how to correct install backend driver.

Thanks.

PS. I planned to attach all files after compilation but there is some space limitation. Due to I attach the original source files and compiled drivers only. If you have some problems, send me your e-mail and I will send to you all files after compilation by e-mail.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I repeat.
    First try to get It working on linux machine. Then go to cross-compile. See instructions at nslu2-linux.org site and http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware

Oleo,
    I found where is problem. The Sane-backends-extras package is compiled well (I hope). But some scannres:
    - Perfection 1250/Perfection 1250 PHOTO
    - Perfection 1260/Perfection 1260 PHOTO
    - Perfection 2480 PHOTO
    - Perfection 2580 PHOTO
    - Perfection 3170 PHOTO
    - Perfection 3490 PHOTO
    - Perfection 3590 PHOTO
    - Perfection 4180 PHOTO
    - Perfection 4490 PHOTO
    - Perfection V10
    - Perfection V100 PHOTO
    - Perfection V200 PHOTO
    - Perfection V350 PHOTO
    needs a additional plugin. This plugin is in iscan package, but it is precompiled for i386 architecture only. The Avasys company do not distribute a source files.