Thread: WL-HDD in Germany for €84

WL-HDD in Germany for €84

Hi there,

Just to let you know that the WL-HDD is now available in Germany for €84,-
    Here's a link:
    http://www4.alternate.de/shop/infoNo...l?artNr=lwta01

Mine will arrive next week and I hope I be able to run a NFSv3 server on it.

Does anyone know whether:
    1. a NFSv3 daemon can be installed
    2. there is a telnet daemon running which can be accessed with a root account
    2. the wired ethernet mode can be set to 10mb half duplex

Cheers,
    JockyW

regarding the 10mb halfduplex question
    you are probably referring to the dieing wan port.. this won't happen probably because the wl-hdd is using different hardware

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thx for your quick reply!

Actually I was not referring to that, in my case the satbox which "talks" to the WL-HDD has a 10mb half duplex nic. As both WL-HDD and satbox are interconnected through a fast ethernet switch which has autosensing ports, I have to force the WL-HDD to 10mb half duplex. Otherwise there will be "stuttering" playback because of the ethernet mode conversion delays in the switch.

Do you know if the WL-HDD firmware is similar to the 500G? I'm looking for links to speed up the firmware hacking process on the WL-HDD, it would be cool if you can point me in the right direction.

JockyW

Quote Originally Posted by JOCKYW2001
    Thx for your quick reply!

Actually I was not referring to that, in my case the satbox which "talks" to the WL-HDD has a 10mb half duplex nic. As both WL-HDD and satbox are interconnected through a fast ethernet switch which has autosensing ports, I have to force the WL-HDD to 10mb half duplex. Otherwise there will be "stuttering" playback because of the ethernet mode conversion delays in the switch.

Do you know if the WL-HDD firmware is similar to the 500G? I'm looking for links to speed up the firmware hacking process on the WL-HDD, it would be cool if you can point me in the right direction.

JockyW
    you can use it in the same way as the wl500g:

http://wl-hdd/Main_AdmStatus_Content.asp
    and then the 'et' util to set speed (use search for exact command)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

WL-HDD in Eindhoven area

Info I got 2 weeks ago:
    Mycom Eindhoven 129Euro (www.mycom.nl), in store
    Aragorn Eindhoven 99Euro, (www.aragorn.nl) on order only
    Zercom Eindhoven 89Euro (www.zercom.nl), on order only

Just ordered:

XADOX (www.xadox.de) for €66,02

And also in Germany for 62,80 € at
    http://www.csv-direct.de/netforge/ne...mpl=index.html