Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SABnzbd with par2cmdline on WL500gP

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    SAB & Hella are driving me nuts.
    each one has its pros and cons.
    SAB is doing everything, but it is very unstable
    Hella is stable but will only unpack like 10% of the downloaded packages.
    I agree about the pros and cons. I'm also running hellanzb now for a few days and it seems much less hungry for memory. I've downloaded about 10 packages and they all unpacked just perfect.

Have you tried reinstalling your router?
    And if you download a failed package again, does it also fail again?
    Have you tried turning on debugging in hellanzb?

But to get back on the topic, packages for both SABnzbd and Hellanzb have been added to the feed.
    Check startpost for instructions on SABnzbd.
    instructions for Hellanzb will follow in a separate topic.

Sabnzbd is running smoothly on my WL500GP, although I'm kinda suffering from a memory leak in the package, or at least that's what I can tell from looking at my performance graphs. As far as I know, there's a new version of sabnzbd, called sabnzbd+ (version 0.3). Has anyone already made a package of this version?

One more vote for Sabnzbd+ , nice look. Visit http://www.sabnzbd.org/ for details. Can anyone already made a package for this.
    Thx.

Hi,

if I recall right, when when the previous version(s) first started running on the Asus there wheren't any packages to install sabnzbd.

It used to run python scripts to work, so we installed pythong on the router and sabnzbd on top of that. works.

I don't know about sabnzbd+ but if it still runs on python, you should be able to get it running on the asus.

HTH

yes it still runs on python, but I don't know anything about it.
    I compared the files in the directories of both the new tar and the "old" install on my Asus, some things match up, others don't, so I am not sure if I want to try... can't any one make an updated version of the package? that would be easier for everyone...

Hi,

I suppose no-one has even tried sabnzbdplus otherwise there would be a bigger chance that a package already existed.
    only software which runs stable, more or less, is turned into a package

you could be the 'first' and test is

I think, that you only have to install the python package that has already been compiled, and which is also in this tutorial, and configure

then, download sabnzbdplus and extract it to let's say /opt/local/bin/sabnzbdplus
    or some other location you find convenient for your apps.

configure the config file which came with the package and put it in /opt/etc/sabnzbdplus.ini

Create a startup file /opt/bin/startsabnzbdplus

Code:
    touch /opt/bin/startsabnzbdplus 
    nano /opt/bin/startsabnzbdplus
    with the contents

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    /opt/local/bin/sabnzbdplus.py -f /opt/etc/sabnzbdplus.ini -d
    make it executable

Code:
    chmod +x/opt/bin/startsabnzbdplus

then, if all is good, try to start sabnzbdplus with

Code:
    /opt/local/bin/sabnzbdplus

I haven't tried this myself with sabnzbdplus, but this procedures is taken from the original way to install sabnzbd on the asus before a package existed and it had to be installed on python.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    I suppose no-one has even tried sabnzbdplus otherwise there would be a bigger chance that a package already existed.
    only software which runs stable, more or less, is turned into a package
    I did look at it a couple of weeks ago.
    Problem with the new version, is that it doesn't have a setup.py to install it anymore.
    The new authors of Sabnzb assume you just unpack the tar-ball somewhere on your router and execute it.

So it is a very different way of installing, and I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to put this new way into a package.

Raas his explaination should work, with a couple of modifications:

- the 'executable' is SABnzbd.py instead of sabnzbdplus.py
    - you need to edit SABnzbd.py and change the first line into:
    #!/opt/bin/python -OO
    - the new version doesn't come with a sample ini-file. You can either use the one from the older version, or a new one gets generated, the first time you start it.

(Still in my opinion SABnzbd (and Hellanzb) use way to much memory...
    I'm running nzbget, and if I don't use nzbgetweb, my router doesn't use any swap)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345