Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: uPnP AV/Media server with Oleg's firmware

Yup. Twonky is DA man. I've upgraded my 500g to a 500gP just to give Twonky more horsepower. Costs as little as 15 Euros with 1 year of free updates. Can install on 3 machines, can customize trees... a nice fellow!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Well, I've used uShare for few months, but unfortunately there was a lot of video skips (especially when cron runs hourly jobs, or when transmission download 3-4 torrents)
    I've give twonky several 30minutes tests (you can restart the server and get another 30 minutes test period) and decided to buy it.
    I have around 250GB media files on the Asus' HDD, you can see the number of files in the attachment with server status (and the memory use)
    It's true, it take around 15 minutes to scan all those files (if I restart the router, twonkymedia is rescanning the shares).
    I use 120minutes time between rescan (and video streaming is working fine during rescan, or if router is download 3-4 torrents). Now the video skipping is gone (that generated by cron jobs or transmission watchdog)

What I like about twonky is the "tree" that can be defined to group the music files (including creating groups by 1-2-3 digits). See attached screenshots. It has even 2 automatic playlists: "last played" and "most played".

Quote Originally Posted by Ey3 View Post
    Is there anything to know about the installation of the twonkymedia server? On their website they offer a variety of different installations for different hardware.

Which one has to be used for the WL-500gp?

Best regards
    Ey3
    I think should be Asus WL-HDD version.

Max

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12