Thread: Oleg's firmware 1.9.2.7-7f, WLHDD static IP, no DNS resolv

Thumbs up [SOLVED] Oleg's firmware 1.9.2.7-7f, WLHDD static IP, no DNS resolv

Hi ...

now I have upgraded my WLHDD with a 120 GB harddrive ... taking the chance to change from ASUS firmware 1.2.3.9 to Oleg's latest V1.9.2.7-7f ...

Thanks to Wengi for his very good Howto Thread in the german forum !

I use the WLHDD in my local network as only a storage / torrent device ... setting it up with special swap, opt and 3 datapartitions ... everything is working well until I change from dhcp to static IP ...

I have a router in my local (192.168.0.x) network ... everything is workin well ... I'm able to telnet or ssh to the wlhdd with ip adress ... I am able to ping and contact from wlhdd into local network and internet if using direct ip adresses. But if I want to use dnsnames ... I could not get contact :-( ... searching around resolv.conf is empty in every directory /tmp, /tmp/etc, /etc! Notes ome of this are only file/ directory links!

I searched around in webinterface, not able to find settings to set nameserver for use with static ip address!

Trying to set nameserver in resolv.conf manually and safe it into flashfs does not work ... maybe it is saved, but not restoreds after reboot :-(

Anybody an idea?

THX for any help
    Martin
    Last edited by Martin1802; 27-02-2007 at 18:35. Reason: [SOLVED]

ok. Here we go.
    Try to edit /etc/resolv.conf. (symlink, but anyway.)

add a line:
    nameserver IP.OF.YOUR.ROUTER

save. Do NOT reboot.

try nslookup google.com.
    Does this work?

wengi

Smile [SOLVED] Oleg's v1.9.2.7-7f / nameserver problem with static IP / WEBinterface

Hi Wengi,

Thanks ... I searched around with some other keywords ... found the solution (I think and it works) ... inside the russian part of the forum ...

Found here in russian forum

That's what I able to understand in the russian post :-) ... replace nameserver IP with yours ...

Quote Originally Posted by translated from russian post
    NAMESERVER error in olegs firmware for static IP

echo "nameserver 192.168.0.254" >>/usr/local/etc/resolv.conf; flashfs save; flashfs commit; flashfs enable

echo "cp /usr/local/etc/resolv.conf /tmp/; killall -sighup dnsmasq" >>/usr/local/sbin/post-boot
    Hope Oleg will read this post, so he will be able to correct the problem in next version :-)

Now my next project will be (maybe) ... there are some posts "RAM upgrade" ... and connect a small lcd display and some keys to wlhdd ...

THX
    Martin
    Last edited by Martin1802; 27-02-2007 at 17:15. Reason: some changes / some extras

Quote Originally Posted by Martin1802 View Post
    Now my next project will be (maybe) ... there are some posts "RAM upgrade" ... and connect a small lcd display and some keys to wlhdd ...
    That would be .......

Quote Originally Posted by wengi View Post

try nslookup google.com.
    Does this work?
    wengi
    I have the same problem. When using Static IP dns does not work. I tried the steps described here but without success. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DJans View Post
    I have the same problem. When using Static IP dns does not work. I tried the steps described here but without success. Any ideas?
    Post content of your resolf.conf and post-boot.

wengi
    Last edited by wengi; 28-02-2007 at 16:30.

I have solved it. I forgot the flashfs save/commit/enable stuff so the new file was not saved into the flash.