Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Openwrt On Wl700ge Update Book

Quote Originally Posted by Arikon View Post
    Btw, site is down.

"Unable to connect to database server"
    I'm starting to think someone is f*cking me yesterday everything worked fine
    I resetted the server and mysql is running again gonne dig in some loggs
    Again sorry for the downtime

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Powerfailure Host offline (temporary)

Due to a powerfailure my host got kicked offline .
    It's the second faillure today, I don't know how long its gonne take until power is restored.
    I'm sitting now here in the dark with a few candles, logged in over my mobile phone line.

As soon as power is restored I'll post a message,I hope it will be in a few hours.

Sorry for the problem......

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Its back online

Quote Originally Posted by mecheng View Post
    I tried openwrt on my wl-700ge. It is decently fast compared to asus firmware but the lack of a gui for making quick configuration changes is a big disadvantage. I use pppoe adsl and never could get it shared to wireless clients. When I went through my old router into the asus with DHCP everything was fine but pppoe would just work on the router and wouldn't share to clients.
    I have an ethernet ADSL modem and a wl700ge unit for my home networking equipment. It was a bit tricky to get these working together with wireless enabled.

Use your old router first, login and install every package with either "pppoe" or "ppp" alone as part of the package name. At least one ppp-related package is not included in the default firmware image, but I forget which one it was. You can find the packages you need by using the command: 'ipkg list | grep ppp'. You can find the ones you have already installed using the command: 'ipkg list_installed | grep ppp'.

Also, install the wirless-related packages as described here:
    http://wl700g.homelinux.net/portal/content/view/37/30/

OK, now you need to set your modem to "bridging" mode, to allow the wl700ge to do the pppoe login. Do not let the modem login and connect the wan interface of the wl700ge using dhcp, as this interferes somehow with the dhcp part of dnsmasq in the wl700ge serving the lan ports.

With the modem set to bridging mode, and all of the ppp and pppoe related packages previously installed, edit /etc/config/network and set the wan section as described in post #3 on this thread:
    http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=11451
    Code:
    For PPOE/DSL connection try the following settings in /etc/config/network :

config interface        wan
            option ifname   "eth0.1"
            option proto    pppoe
            option username "your-userid@isp-name"
            option password "your-password"
            option keepalive 10
            option mtu      1492
    AFAIK, the wireless configuration at either reference is correct, but the wan section must be set as per the code box above.

This combination works for pppoe and for wireless, and dnsmasq also works properly.
    Last edited by hal2k1; 08-11-2007 at 01:03.

This combination works for pppoe and for wireless, and dnsmasq also works properly.
    Not stable, I'm afraid. The kam7.09 version and pppoe somehow can't live with each other for mor than a few days, it would seem.

Back to the drawing board!

Quote Originally Posted by hal2k1 View Post
    OK, now you need to set your modem to "bridging" mode, to allow the wl700ge to do the pppoe login. Do not let the modem login and connect the wan interface of the wl700ge using dhcp, as this interferes somehow with the dhcp part of dnsmasq in the wl700ge serving the lan ports.
    I tried this again, and this time I seem to have got it working with the ADSL modem doing the pppoe login, and the wl700ge using dhcp.

I'm not sure how it is configured differently now compared with before, but it does now seem to be working.

So ... mea culpa, I was wrong. Don't use pppoe on the wl700ge box while running kamikaze. Get another router, or your ADSL mode, to do the pppoe login instead.

Software repository for open wrt

I've just installed open wrt on my ASUS-wl700ge using your link: http://wl700ge.hezik.nl (OpenWrt - BackFire - 10.03.1 - Asus WL700gE)
    Now I need to install software.

Can somebody please advice sowtware repository and package to be used with that version. Since now there is no any package manager installed (ipkg or opkg).

Thanks, Pavel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12