Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Firmware v1.8.1.9

Exclamation WL-500b AP-Station / Ethernet Bridge problem

Hi,

I have WL-500b (brand new one) in AP/station mode. 500b is connected to the main AP (Senao), all MAC address are ok, and there is fine connection between (2km link with external antennas senao 200mw on 10db Omni and 500b on 19db Grid).
    On 500b LAN ports are connected 2 customers. Ping request between them is OK - <1ms.
    If I send ping request from comp. which is connected to the Senao AP to the 500b and both customers in the same time, I will get reply only from one customer which is at that moment acting on the network - the other user is on stand-by (request time out). Ping reply from 500b is death until both customers stop their network activity.

Asus software can see this 500b but there is not possible to access to him before both clients stop their network activity.

In the same time after firmware upgrade there is no possible to have all 13 channels - max is 11?????????
    Just to say that I cover all firmware upgrade rules (hardw. reboot after upgrade ...).
    .... and the other AP which is in the production long time ago, after firmware upgrade still have all 13 channels ???????????????? Same is tested with 2 brand new 500b devices

Yes I do firmware downgrade, hardware reboot after, and can you image, I get back all 13 channels, but I desperately need this client/Ethernet bridge mode.

Can anyone do some explanation how they are working...........?

PLEASE HELP......

Quote Originally Posted by srlek
    Hi,

I have WL-500b (brand new one) in AP/station mode. 500b is connected to the main AP (Senao), all MAC address are ok, and there is fine connection between (2km link with external antennas senao 200mw on 10db Omni and 500b on 19db Grid).
    On 500b LAN ports are connected 2 customers. Ping request between them is OK - <1ms.
    If I send ping request from comp. which is connected to the Senao AP to the 500b and both customers in the same time, I will get reply only from one customer which is at that moment acting on the network - the other user is on stand-by (request time out). Ping reply from 500b is death until both customers stop their network activity.

Asus software can see this 500b but there is not possible to access to him before both clients stop their network activity.

In the same time after firmware upgrade there is no possible to have all 13 channels - max is 11?????????
    Just to say that I cover all firmware upgrade rules (hardw. reboot after upgrade ...).
    .... and the other AP which is in the production long time ago, after firmware upgrade still have all 13 channels ???????????????? Same is tested with 2 brand new 500b devices

Yes I do firmware downgrade, hardware reboot after, and can you image, I get back all 13 channels, but I desperately need this client/Ethernet bridge mode.

Can anyone do some explanation how they are working...........?

PLEASE HELP......
    choosing another time zone should fix your 'region' so all 13(14) channels will re-appear
    offcourse be aware of the local law

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    choosing another time zone should fix your 'region' so all 13(14) channels will re-appear
    offcourse be aware of the local law
    I try also that, in AP mode there is no option to change time zone, date is on 1700 year - and also no possible to be changed.

From router/gateway mode I try to change time zone, but after restart TZ is going back to the defoult (don know right now which one).

.. any idea about the other problems ????? - I get two in last shipement but they look to have same problem. I will test the other with same settings this afternoon.

Question Help, keeps asking me for the password

Hi,

after I installed this upgrade, the WL500g seems very picky about passwords.

Everytime I chose something in the setings it asks me for the password.

This is becoming very annoying, is there any workaround?

Regards,

jbssm

Quote Originally Posted by jbssm
    Hi,

after I installed this upgrade, the WL500g seems very picky about passwords.

Everytime I chose something in the setings it asks me for the password.

This is becoming very annoying, is there any workaround?

Regards,

jbssm
    get rid of you cookies and internet cache etc.. that should probably help you..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I have restore to default setting TWICE that userid become admin and asking password less than before. What is the tricky about restore to default setting?

Quote Originally Posted by kuen
    I have restore to default setting TWICE that userid become admin and asking password less than before. What is the tricky about restore to default setting?
    I put back firmware 1.6.x.x -Patch 1a which I dl from this forum and my 500b is again in the production.

On 2-2.5KM distance two 500b one on 8dbi Omni in AP/hibrid mode, the other on 19dbi Grid / AP/WDS mode (3 users) - maximum ping 5ms

8. Wink

Is Oleg able to correct the bug of the webcam who freeze with this firmware ?

Linux printing problem: 500b/1.8.1.9, SuSE 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by xlephant
    the new firmware supports only lpr right? what do i have to config, if i using linux and want to use the printer? what is the queue name? i tried LPRServer with ip 192.168.1.1 didn't work... any ideas? thx a lot...
    I have the same problem under SuSE 9.1. However WinXP is ok.
    My whole family use linux. Could anyone solve this problem?

Regards:
    t
    Infact as I could found it was a problem with my setup and/or with mee... However playing with cups I could start the printer.
    Now I have the following entry in my /etc/cups/printers.conf and it works!
    <Printer lp_wlan>
    Info HP DeskJet 695C
    DeviceURI lpd://192.168.1.1/LPRServer
    </Printer>
    Last edited by tobi54; 30-10-2004 at 16:42.

try olegs firmware it has raw support! it works much faster then the default one. port is 9101 (in the newer ones).

good luck...
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345