Firmware for the WL-500g can be found here:
    http://www.asus.com.cn/pub/ASUS/wire..._WL500g_EN.zip
    http://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/wirel..._WL500g_EN.zip
    ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/wirel..._WL500g_EN.zip
    http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/wire..._WL500g_EN.zip

Changelog:
    1. Fixed: Remote Port Pringting
    2. Fixed: Port Range Issue
    3. Fixed: Web Camera May Sleep When There is no motion.
    important!!
    When upgrading from 1.7.x.x based firmware: you MUST Reset your WL500g to defaults via the restore button at the back after upgrading to this firmware!

you do not have to do this when you upgrade from 1.8.x.x based firmware!

Do not import saved settings from older/other firmwares! this can cause unstability to your device
    Mirror @ Chupa.nl:
    http://www.chupa.nl/dl/download.php?action=file&id=4
    Last edited by Antiloop; 08-11-2004 at 21:07.

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

official released? i didn't see that on ASUS site.
    expect change logs.
    Last edited by shopping; 31-08-2004 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by shopping
    official released? i didn't see that on ASUS site.
    expect change logs.
    uhm well the files are at the asus site so I assume they are official
    i don't have an upload account to their servers or something

it seems they are very busy at the moment, the contact at asus did read my request for the changelog but that was at 22.30 THEIR time!! so they are working very very late..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I just put this firmware , but I can't login after upgrade ....
    I try the default account "admin" and the default password "admin"
    I try my old admin account ... nop ...

someone have an idee ?

Quote Originally Posted by marciton
    I just put this firmware , but I can't login after upgrade ....
    I try the default account "admin" and the default password "admin"
    I try my old admin account ... nop ...

someone have an idee ?

leave the username empty and the password "admin" without the ""

good luck let me know what you think about the firmware!

it's a quick and a good answer

Thanks,

Exclamation Important Notice!

Quote Originally Posted by yilias
    leave the username empty and the password "admin" without the ""

good luck let me know what you think about the firmware!
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!!

when using an empty username and 'admin' as password
    you did NOT correctly press the restore defaults button

at this time you are already fucking up the unit, and instability can be caused by doing this

the ONLY correct possibility to login to a proper default configuration is when you have to login with 'admin' as username and 'admin' as password

v1.8.1.9 seems stable, i upgraded this evening.

bug report:
    when you need use the DHCP manual IP to MAC setting, you can't change anything at 'nat setting' except port trigger setting, otherwise, your IP TO MAC will fail.

i change virtual server to off and not forward battle.net, the DHCP IP TO MAC bound will fail to start.

maybe that also in other version firmware.
    Last edited by shopping; 03-09-2004 at 16:53.

Downloaded as soon as it was put on this site... and the version 1.8.1.9 is running stable on my WL-500G ever since.

I don`t use all features at the moment... but in in access point mode it works for me.

I`m using mixed WPA-TKIP/AES encryption on my WinXP SP2 machines. I did a browser upgrade from 1.8.1.7 and didn`t need to factory reset it again... all settings were still there.

First impression:
    What I really like is that asus made the USB features available in the menu also in "AP mode". Its also very nice that you can choose a different port for ActiveX "and" the Javascript webcam. Will test this soon.

looking good so far!
    Last edited by Tbone; 04-09-2004 at 00:31.

Hello,

i now have also instaled this firmware.

My biggest problem was that the wan dies or what i find out is that no matter what i do, like surfing or downloading fast en many files (newsgroup with 8 conecctions)
    Everytime the connections falls of after a amount of time, i can not gife a time example because than in takes a couple of ours and some times days and also 3 times in 4 ours ???

So i could never complete a download, when this happens i go to the router menu 192.168.1.1 and go to status page and make a refresh , or renew and than in right works again ???

I read that many people have this problem , what can we do or will this firmware fix this problem.

Is there anybody with a solution ??.

Thanx

after upgrading (with reset) i could no longer lget a wireless connection with my ibook. neither with wpa nor wep

oh my god, another problem: Strange: Yesterday i upgaded to the new firmware, but because my ibook did not connect wirelessly i downgraded to 1.7.5.6. Now i cannot use lpr printing any more, neither form windows pcs nor from macs. Even if connected via ethernet. Anyone any idea? It did not change after i did reset and reimported the old settings.

Now it works with new firmware. But it seems the behaviour changes with every set. With the last one i did not even get on the net. Did a reset, and everything worked. Now even the login is "admin". But after i reimported my old settings, it changed back to "" (blank). No way to change that. But another reset? Hm, i do not dare...

I did dare and now wlan only connects without encryption. Somehow asus seems to have totally messed up the firmware. Never had a problem before (only with a "medion" notebook with nitro chip).

Quote Originally Posted by justwords
    Now it works with new firmware. But it seems the behaviour changes with every set. With the last one i did not even get on the net. Did a reset, and everything worked. Now even the login is "admin". But after i reimported my old settings, it changed back to "" (blank). No way to change that. But another reset? Hm, i do not dare...
    uhm...

you can NOT reimport old settings, you have to enter all of them manually
    reimporting can cause your router to malfunction (as it seems it does already)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast