Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.8.1.9

Thumbs down

Hi,
    In addition to the dhcp malfunctioning in router mode, in "home gateway" mode printer forwarding does not work either.
    I am using home gateway mode.
    I have configured virtual server to forward port 515 to 192.168.1.1, the ip address of the lan interface where the printer is.
    However, the log sais:

Sep 20 00:26:29 filter: TCP connection denied to 192.168.1.1:515 from 192.168.0.222:1110
    Sep 20 00:26:35 filter: TCP connection denied to 192.168.1.1:515 from 192.168.0.222:1110
    Sep 20 00:26:37 filter: TCP connection accepted to 192.168.1.1:80 from 192.168.0.2:3136

So port forwarding of the http server works from the wan to the lan. But for the printing server port 515 it does not work.

Somewhere a filter inside the wl500g is blocking it.

I do not have wan to lan filtering on. Even when I put it on and allow port 515 it does not work.

I hope someone can fix these issues so this firmware becomes usable.

In home gateway mode printing forwarding from wan to lan does not work, in router mode dhcp does not work. Surprisingly I bought this router to do both wireless access and printing:0)

Hans-Cees

2. Thumbs down

Trying this 1.8.1.9 firmware who seems not very good at all, disconnections problems, dhcp who give me strange ip who are not in the range 192.168.1.x and the freeze of the webcam more and more often.
    I will go back to the 1.6.5.3 who had no pb for the webcam and no disconnections.

Originally Posted by geoffreytw
    700K-800K BYTE/sec for 30 min or longer).

Quote Originally Posted by monnier
    That's a damn fast ADSL connection you have there.
    Where do you live?
    I have the same performance... Demon ADSL 8192/1024 in Amsterdam.
    Downloading a Knoppix ISO of 700Mb takes me 14 min. My all time record is 830k/s

The configuration in this case is a WinXP laptop with a WL-100g 54Mbit although the on-board Intel 2100 series performes just as good on its 11Mbit.
    The WL-500G is in AP only mode with 1.8.1.9FW & WPA-TKIP and AES hooked up to a SiteCom DC-202 Firewall/Router. The WAN port of this SiteCom is connected to the Demon ZyXELL ethernet modem.

I use the SiteCom as router/fw because it has much nicer interface and logging options than the Asus WL-500G.
    Good to hear (reason Monnier responded in the first place) the WL-500G`s hardware is also capable of having such high throughput!
    Ofcourse this can be expected because the port is also 100Mbit capable.

Why I say this is that I tried many Firewall/Routers like the SMC`s and many times they "don`t" have this high throughput because of a slow 10Mbit half duplex port. My download dropped to 500-600k/s even with a very expensive Netgear ProSafe series.

Another reason to get the Asus WL-500G
    Last edited by Tbone; 20-09-2004 at 22:51.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.delarue
    I was wondering if Alexis and I were the only ones with the webcam freeze under this firmware version ?
    running for 17 hours with no problem for webcam.. no restart occured in meantime..

test setup is using: wl500g 1.8.1.9 and Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

5. Antiloop, you have an idea of our pb ?
    I got the same webcam, it's crazy !!!
    And the fix of this firmware is
    Web Camera May Sleep When There is no motion

Antiloop, you have an idea of our pb ?
    I got the same webcam, it's crazy !!!
    And the fix of this firmware is
    Web Camera May Sleep When There is no motion
    i've no idea yet..
    i'm still running the router to see if the webcam 'locks' up after a while (it's 30 hours now probably but can't check webcam @ work)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

7. I just spoke with Alexis and he downgraded to 1.6.5.3 and it's ok.
    We are 3 users now with this pb.
    I have bought another one, I will try to find some time to check this one with 1.8.1.9
    Dhcp give me the right range of ip now and wifi seems ok now, so just need to fix the webcam pb.
    Maybe Oleg got an idea ?

I just spoke with Alexis and he downgraded to 1.6.5.3 and it's ok.
    I have bought another one, I will try to find some time to check this one with 1.8.1.9
    Dhcp give me the right range of ip now and wifi seems ok now, so just need to fix the webcam pb.
    Maybe Oleg got an idea ?
    what is pb ?
    en what another one did you buy? router or webcam?
    and how is your webcam connected via hub? or straigth to the wl500g

mine is connected via usbhub then webcam and a 128mb stick for telnet access

I just spoke with Alexis and he downgraded to 1.6.5.3 and it's ok.
    Maybe Oleg got an idea ?
    please contact me at MSN or at ICQ
    i have a few questions

Unhappy WPA and WEP at the same time??

I also installed this firmware. Mainly for the option to use WPA and WEP at the same time. I myself have a Asus WL-100g card, so I use WPA. But my two borther in law have acer'er and eminet-router so the use WEP.

Sometimes I have to work on these laptop's. But I don't want everytime change my settings and I want to use WPA.

This Firmware should be able to be to do this. But if I but this settings in the Asus, my own laptop doesn't want to connect anymore. And with this setting I mean to set WPA (then it works) but the moment that I set WEP an 128 bit key, I doesn't work anymore..... I can't connect with the accespoint. The laptop sees the accespoint. But he doesn't get a IP-adres. But if I enter a manual IP adres, he says there is a good connection, but he doesn't have a connection (no traffic, can't ping, and certainly I can't internet...)

So hence my questions:

- has anyone got this working?
    - If yes -> HOW?

O. By the way. I use windows XP SP2 (dutch).
    Last edited by cyberpope; 23-09-2004 at 18:12.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrbv
    Hi, i just installed the 1.8.1.9 FW and have problems with connections from a Sweex Realtek RTL8180 based wireless 11 mbit PCI card (driver 1.70). It continuously connects and disconnects. With FW before 1.8.1.7 it was stable.
    It does not matter whatever authentication/encryption i use.
    Of course i want WPA-PSK, but then i even get no IP-address.

Anyone got a solution?
    Edit/Delete Message
    Should i go back to one of the 1.7 firmware's?
    Which one?

The reason i like the 1.8.1.x firmware is the concurrent use of different authentication/encryption methods.
    For example you can have WPA-PSK/AES combination together with WEP-128 bit. Very usefull if you have older cards or USB devices and want to use them together with modern cards.

The 1.8.1.9 FW is having the connect/disconnect of 11 mbit cards problem more than the 1.8.1.7.

The only way to get this Sweex card working correctly is to set the Wl-500g's rate to 802.11B!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpope
    I also installed this firmware. Mainly for the option to use WPA and WEP at the same time. I myself have a Asus WL-100g card, so I use WPA. But my two borther in law have acer'er and eminet-router so the use WEP.

Sometimes I have to work on these laptop's. But I don't want everytime change my settings and I want to use WPA.

This Firmware should be able to be to do this. But if I but this settings in the Asus, my own laptop doesn't want to connect anymore. And with this setting I mean to set WPA (then it works) but the moment that I set WEP an 128 bit key, I doesn't work anymore..... I can't connect with the accespoint. The laptop sees the accespoint. But he doesn't get a IP-adres. But if I enter a manual IP adres, he says there is a good connection, but he doesn't have a connection (no traffic, can't ping, and certainly I can't internet...)

So hence my questions:

- has anyone got this working?
    - If yes -> HOW?

O. By the way. I use windows XP SP2 (dutch).
    I had the combination WPA-PSK/AES and WEP-128 working, but only after i upgraded to 1.8.1.9 (from 1.8.1.7) and did the factory default thing. First made the WPA-PSK settings including the 86400 rekey time, save&restart. Then add the WEP-128 settings. In my case WEP is only key 2 and 3.

Question big problems with WPA using WL-100g on W2k

Quote Originally Posted by jbrbv
    I had the combination WPA-PSK/AES and WEP-128 working, but only after i upgraded to 1.8.1.9 (from 1.8.1.7) and did the factory default thing. First made the WPA-PSK settings including the 86400 rekey time, save&restart. Then add the WEP-128 settings. In my case WEP is only key 2 and 3.
    Hi, I have tested a full day and found no way to make it run. I installed:

WL-500g with 1.8.1.9FW (LAN connection to a tower) and WL-100g (3.60.7.0 ASUS) with Control Center 2.2.0.1 on Notebook with W2kSP4.
    WPA-PSK does not work, WEP 128 does ist good.
    Can anyone give me a step by step advice how to make WPA-PSK with AES work on such a system?

I think I have a problem with the key but I am not sure.

Thanks for help

Surfman

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!!

when using an empty username and 'admin' as password
    you did NOT correctly press the restore defaults button

at this time you are already fucking up the unit, and instability can be caused by doing this

the ONLY correct possibility to login to a proper default configuration is when you have to login with 'admin' as username and 'admin' as password
    Oh~~~ After i upgraded this firmware, i got the previous 1.8.1.x setting. (I have used 1.8.1.x before, then i downgraded to 1.7.5.9-cr5. now, I upgraded to 1.8.1.9) Then, is it correct?
    actually how can i get back the default setting and reset the nvram setting?

Quote Originally Posted by smallkeung
    Oh~~~ After i upgraded this firmware, i got the previous 1.8.1.x setting. (I have used 1.8.1.x before, then i downgraded to 1.7.5.9-cr5. now, I upgraded to 1.8.1.9) Then, is it correct?
    actually how can i get back the default setting and reset the nvram setting?
    by holding the restore button while the unit is powered on, wait till the power led flashes than release restore button and your unit should be resetted

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast