Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WDS / Hybrid not working? or i'm just stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by rodace

I have one WL500g ap/router and 2 pcs. WL330g pocket ap's.
    The WL500g is connected to the Internet, it's possible to connect via WLAN notebook to the internet - everything ok. But the coverage of the WL500g is to less. So I have decided to take two WL330g to extend the range.
    In my opinion I have to switch the WL500g in Hybrid mode, and have to switch on WDS at the WL330g's. I have entered the WL500g's MAC into the WL330g's.
    Insert Mac of WL330 into Wl500 too. Activate Hybrid Mode at all AP's. Set fixed ips to all APs in same range. Give every AP a different SSID. Then it should work.
    Do you connect both wl330 to wl500? Or do your connect them in a row. If second, please inform it it runs stable. I use wl330 - wl500 - wl330 in a row and it is very unstable, but two in a row work fine.

ALBI...

2. wds between wl500g and wl300g is rather slow

Hi all,

I've setup my WL500g and WL300g to do WDS with eachother (hybrid mode, 128 bit WEP) but it seems rather slow, average connection speed is around 200 kbyte/second when I send something over the WDS link.

The WL300g is connected to my xbox, and the WL500g is connected to my network.
    When I connect directly to the wl300g with my laptop and upload something to the xbox, speed is fine (2 mbyte/second), so the problem is between the WL500g and WL300g.

Distance is no problem, I've even placed them a few metres apart and still I get slow transferspeeds. I've tried setting one in WDS only or both WDS only and the transferspeed doesn't change. I've also tried fixing the data rate to 54 mbit, but no difference. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Aldert
    Last edited by Aldert1; 18-07-2004 at 12:27. Reason: thread subscription

The transfer speed is quite OK as the connection speed is limited to 2mbit/s in WDS mode.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Technik
    The transfer speed is quite OK as the connection speed is limited to 2mbit/s in WDS mode.
    hmm I did not know that, thanks. There's no workaround for that? perhaps putting the WL300g in client mode or something?

Well, AFAIK the only solution is to avoid using WDS. I don't know WL-300g so I am not sure if it's possible to turn it into Client mode. Perhaps it could be possible. WL-500g can work in Client mode for sure without any problem.

Limit is not 2mbit/s

I'm afraid I'll not be able to help with speeding up, but I don't know of any build in limitation of WDS. Only because everything is going going up and down, a lot of bandwith is used for the protocol.

http://www.pafree.net/media/TB-046.pdf

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/FAQ-16...tworking-0.php

will help you in understanding WDS and maybe also some settings?

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sectio...le78-page1.php

even has something about the WL300G in WDS with higher transfer rates.

Good luck.

7. 1.8.3 firmware fixes slow speed

I've tried the new 1.8.1.3 firmware on my asus wl300g, with exact the same settings, and now it works at normal speeds (I can get up to 2 mbyte/second).
    I could not get the ethernet bridge option to work though, but I don't need it anyway.

using the wl500g WDS with other wireless router

Do anyone know that the Wl500g wds can work with other router?
    and the wl330g is trustable?

In my mind, the WL500G is a buggy router. Although I like Asus products, this router it's really make me disappointed.
    I look all the wan port die in this site. Do anyone know that the problem come from?

My Thinking are the following:
    It's a buggy hardware, whatever Asus programmer do in the firmware, the bug still can't slove.

The wan port die issue come from the cpu power too weak. (i heard from some other opinions, the BT makes the router die, it's come from the weak cpu).

It can be fixed in the firmware, we only need to wait the asus support.

I have the wl500g working in wds with a Sitecom wl-122 as router, works perfectly for me. always and everywere 54mbit/s (in and arround my house that is ).

Smile WL-330g has WDS ?

Reading this thread, it looks like WDS is actually on the wl-330g. The product specs only talk about WDS support. Can anyone please confirm that WDS is alive and working on the wl-330G that is the G version 54mb, i know it works on the wl-330.

Are there specs known about the 330G, like how many mHz is the ARM processor, how much flash and memory and what OS?

And maybe chupa.nl could start a WL-330 and a WL-330G forum topic?

WDS in WPA Mode on new firmware

Not working WDS in WPA mode with Asus WL-500g (1.8.1.9) and Asus WL-300g (1.8.1.9)

In Description list of new firmware (1.8.1.7) writing:
    14. Add: WPA-PSK for WDS
    Last edited by Viper_Rus; 04-10-2004 at 21:00.

So?

Whats your question or your answer?

question.

Anybody it's work? (WDS in WPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper_Rus
    question.

Anybody it's work? (WDS in WPA)
    yes

running 1.8.1.7 pre custom with WDS and WPA-PSK

i'm now typing this over my WDS 'network' as i have disconnected the wan cable from the second WL500g

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

WDS LAN setup;

I want to setup a Wireless LAN test environment in a factory hall as an addition to the existing wired network. I'm familiar with the WL-500G but do not know if this is the rights one to start with. Linksys units do not support WPA in a WDS configuration. If possible i want to use 802.11g and WPA and start with 3 units.
    I"m thinking about to connect the first unit to the wired network and have the other two connected by WDS.
    Which unit should i use and how do i setup this configuration?
    Thanks

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast