Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WDS / Hybrid not working? or i'm just stupid..

1. WPA and WDS working together?

Hello,

I am looking at getting two 500g's to create a wireless bridge. That's all they need to do; no other devices on the wireless network. (Connecting two rooms in my house, instead of a length of CAT5 cable which is difficult to pull through the walls. Neither unit will be used as a typical access point. )

My only concern is security. Does anyone know if WPA will actually work when the two 500g's are configured for the wireless bridge? Or am I going to be limited to using WEP?

Thanks!

Frank.

WDS performance

Hi!

Does anybody have any experience with the WDS feature of WL-500g?

How much does the throughput fall in general when having a WDS network?

Are there any special requirements on clients connecting to an AP running in WDS mode? Will any 802.11g/b compliant client connect succesfully or do I need a client with the same chipset?

Thanks,
    hynek

i have 2 asus wl-500g running in hybrid mode

but didnt test the performance

for my other experiences watch my new topic soon...

STP Bridge and WDS links

Hello. I have configured wl-500g as AP-bridge with the three lastest customised firmwares but I can't enable STP with brctl.

STP is always disabled.

somebody knows if it is possible to enable it ?

I'm testing 5 wl-500g with WDS and it comes fool. Connected all to all. So, I want to enable STP to avoid broadcast storms.

Thanks in advance,
    uidas

i found the problem

use the key instead of the passphrase and all is working correct

[WIRELESS] WDS with two 500g and WPA-PSK (WES) won't work

Hello there,

I need a little more help on this one:

I've got one WL-500g in "Wireless Home Gateway"-mode connected to the internet via DSL and another one running in "Access Point"-mode connecting several client pcs together and providing internet access via the first router.

Everything works fine until I switch both 500g to "Authentication Method" = WPA-PSK with "Encryption" = TKIP/AES: my wireless notebook logs on to both 500g without any problems but bridging stops working. No more data is sent from one 500g to the other.

Any helpful ideas here (s.picture for details)? Both configurations are identical except for different SSIDs and the MAC-addresses.

Thanks a lot

Krocus

P.S.: Firmware is 1.7.5.6

Here's the picture spoken of above...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WPA-PSK (WDS)

I have the same problem with 1.7.5.6-1 custom by OLEG, and with 1.7.5.6-1-removed wan speed

WEP 64,128 works fine

already posted this some times before

have the same problem

Hello again,

nobody an answer to that one?

Okay, the other way around: Anybody out there, who got a similar setup up and running?

Thanks in advance

Krocus

P.S.: 1.7.5.6-2 changes nothing on that subject. (testet: 1.7.5.6, 1.7.5.6-2)

with 1.6.x it wasn workin, too.
    i tested this ones... because i had the 2 wl-500g some times before 1.7.6.5

Hello there,

I called the Asus "support" hotline a few days ago. Nobody there's ever heard about "my" problem. They weren't able to provide a solution by phone. So I left my email address and they promised me to send me an answer.

Nothing happend so far...

Anybody else tried the hotline?

Krocus

yeah, tried for the aol problem, and the german guy told me he is in contact with taiwan for that problem, but nothing happened since this point. will write an email to him the next days to see if there is already a better solution because not all things were workin with the solution oleg made for me

but back to the topic, i still didnt get it workin, so a solution is still needed
    tried other passwords, same problem
    can login in everyone of the two wl-500g with notebook without problems and without changing profile on notebook, but the wl-500g dont connect to each other. if i set the configuration back to 128 bit wep wds is running instantly

WDS with WL500g / WL330g

Dear All,

I have one WL500g ap/router and 2 pcs. WL330g pocket ap's.
    The WL500g is connected to the Internet, it's possible to connect via WLAN notebook to the internet - everything ok. But the coverage of the WL500g is to less. So I have decided to take two WL330g to extend the range.
    In my opinion I have to switch the WL500g in Hybrid mode, and have to switch on WDS at the WL330g's. I have entered the WL500g's MAC into the WL330g's.
    Now, it should be possible to surf via the WL330g, or not?
    In my case not, I only be able to surf via the 500g, it is possible to connect to thw Wl330g's but, they have no internet connection.

What SSID sould be entered in the WL330g's?
    What channel should be taken, the same, or another?

Who has got experience whith WDS?

Please help to solve my problem
    BR
    Rupert

Wds

I have WL-500g x2 with WDS enabled,

for my purpose i use WDS inly mode, and in bridge list booth of WL-500g has MAC adress of other WL -500g
    the SSID setting is the same, but i thikk that it can be different.
    you can try to set "allow anonymous: in WDS setting, and enter MAC addr of WL330g into WL 500g WDS setup
    Pipos (2xWL-500g, WDS-only mode, used as backbone for MAN network; 1xWL-500g in Client Mode with NAT)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast