Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some more tips and tricks

I installed everything. Sqlite went ok. I can start for the first time. Entered pass + username. After that i configured all. I pressed home to see the index page. And that went wrong. I took 2 minutes to show a white screen.

Can somebody help me.

Sollie.

"Can only remove suspended torrents!"

Hi folks,

I also implemented transmission and I am very much excited. But shame on me, I am not able to purge these damned completed torrents. I tried everything:
    First I see, the torrent is completed but is seeding as hell. Then I mark it in Transmission WI and press "remove" I get a very unfriendly "Can only remove suspended torrents!".
    Ok, now I tried every button... I thougt, "pause" would do the trick. But I then realized, that only my active (downloading that is) torrents go to suspended mode. These torrents I surely DON'T want to purge.
    Could you please have mercy and give a newbie a little hint?
    What is the correct manner to purge a completed and copied torrent?

Thanks in advance

Sandman

3. Push them with the 'push' button from Seeding state to Suspend. Then select the torrent en click Remove. After that you can Purge them into oblivion.

Else check out the SCTCS. http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=8420

I dunno..
    still got problems.
    If I push a seeding torrent (one who has finished downloading and is ONLY seeding) the result his that this torrent is listed under "done".... (not suspended).
    When I then mark him for remove i get the same error ... "only suspended torrents can be removed"
    any further ideas?
    would appreciate, because i like transmission...
    Wl-500gPremium, Olegs Firmware 1.9.2.7-7f
    Clients connected:
    WinXP SP2
    AND
    MAC iBOOK OS X

This is the feature of the transmission. You cannot remove torrents with WWW interface! Use simple file removal like
    Code:
    cd /tmp/harddisk/torrent/target
    rm -rf My.Torrent.directory
    reaad http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Transmission

What "purge" does depends on the state of the torrents. Indeed, to completely remove a torrent and all its files, you need to be able to push it to suspended, then remove it, then purge it. Otherwise, a "purge all" will only delete extra files (such as the .torrent file and statistics) and NOT the downloaded files. Trust me, it's for the best. You do not want to allow downloaded files to be deleted from the web interface. For one thing, if someone bad were to gain access to it they could clear up everything you downloaded. Second, you could delete them yourself by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by wirespot View Post
    What "purge" does depends on the state of the torrents. Indeed, to completely remove a torrent and all its files, you need to be able to push it to suspended, then remove it, then purge it.
    AAAARRGH!
    This is what I don't know how to do!?
    If I push an already downloaded torrent I can get it only to "done". I can't manage it to go "suspended".
    Perhaps I have installed Transmission in the wrong way?

@oleo
    First: thnx for your great work at my new firmware
    Second: I was able to delete an active (incomplete) torrent via "push"(to suspended) and "remove" and "purge" in thee www Interface.
    It deleted all the files... (as it should)...
    perhaps some gremlins in my installation?
    Wl-500gPremium, Olegs Firmware 1.9.2.7-7f
    Clients connected:
    WinXP SP2
    AND
    MAC iBOOK OS X

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Second: I was able to delete an active (incomplete) torrent via "push"(to suspended) and "remove" and "purge" in thee www Interface.
    It deleted all the files... (as it should)...
    perhaps some gremlins in my installation?
    This is the only way to get deleted bad torrent from working queue. For source and target use samba. Work queue should not be exposed to others. That's because you can remove/purge it through WWW interface.

Three stage deletion is implemlemented because sometimes watchdog realises error on active torrent ant throws it to suspended. Then you can decide what to do with it. You can push it back to active or remove it. At last here is a real purge of removed things. This concept is not new. It dates back to VMS on VAX machines as I remember.

How to allow SSH and other stuff from outside:

If you run iptables -L INPUT on your router, you'll probably see something like this in Oleg's latest firmware (1.9.2.7-7f):

Code:
    logdrop  all -- anywhere anywhere state INVALID
    ACCEPT   all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
    ACCEPT   all -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
    ACCEPT   all -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
    SECURITY all -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
    ACCEPT   udp -- anywhere anywhere udp spt:bootps dpt:bootpc
    ACCEPT   tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ftp
    logdrop  all -- anywhere anywhere
    The reason many of you haven't been able to open up your outside ports (for SSH and other stuff) is because of that first rule. I don't know what the INVALID chain is for and where it comes from, but that's where the packets stop.
    the first rule will block all invalid packects. INVALID is not a chain, but a state of the packets (like RELATED, ESTABLISHED or NEW).

Yeah, figures. But the fact remains that it blocks you from having a FTP or SSH server. Why would those count as INVALID? (It's good paranoia, security-wise, but still wondering.)

Yeah, figures. But the fact remains that it blocks you from having a FTP or SSH server. Why would those count as INVALID? (It's good paranoia, security-wise, but still wondering.)
    I still have that rule and the ssh server is working (the ftp server isn't active).
    In my pc, I also have that rule and the ftp/ssh servers are working.

Then I can only guess that something about my Internet connection makes those packages come in as INVALID for some reason.

OK, so it's good to know that Oleg's INVALID rules are good and removing them is only a particular workaround, not a generally good advice.

Cant get the password to work.. :/

Log says:
    2007-09-13 17:54:28: (http_auth.c.964) digest: unsupported backend (only htdigest or plain)

Should I change the auth.backend.plain.userfile to auth.backend.htdigest.userfile and then put that /opt/etc/lighttpd/.passwd inside "" ?

I tried both, neither work :&
    Last edited by TearTox; 13-09-2007 at 17:54. Reason: Being dumbass

Look for a line saying this:

auth.backend = "htdigest"

I'm thinking perhaps you put "digest" in there. You're not supposed to put it there, "digest" goes below where it says "method" => "digest".

It's how you said..
    It still doesen't work

Hmm.. Should I uncomment all those that were edited?
    I have done that..

Now it says "Bad Request"

Could someone send me those config files, cause I cant find any problems from there, they seem fine.
    my paths are:
    /opt/etc/transmission-ssl.conf
    /opt/etc/lighttpd
    /opt/etc/lighttpd/.passwd

and btw. I changed the lighttpd to start from post-mount..

When I comment the auth parts, ssl works fine, but when I uncomment the auth shit and make user and password, it says bad request..
    And I tested user 1 and password 1 but still it says 400 - bad request..

Maybe I just should use the ssl and deny access from outerweb.. :/
    Last edited by TearTox; 14-09-2007 at 12:47.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast