Thread: Firmware v1.1.2.5

Firmware v1.1.2.5

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

DO NOT UPGRADE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING

Changelog:
    1. Large file support on EXT2 fs (2GB limit free)
    2. wmac function for ATE
    3. Traditional Chinese display on Shared Node List, BUT Chinese input is not provided
    4. Disable Network device after shutdown
    5. replace printf in rc, httpd, and infosvr
    Find file for download here: http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wlhdd/...1.1.2.5_en.zip
    Last edited by Antiloop; 27-10-2004 at 10:01.

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Anyone who is using wl-hdd - which firmware version you've factory flashed?

This one uses samba-2.0.7.
    Firmware looks terrible compared to wl500g 1.8.1.7, bunch of stuff in /bin instead of /sbin, glibc instead of uclibc, hacks are all around...

Open up a WL-HDD forum?

Isn't it time we opened a WL-HDD forum instead of posting WL-HDD firmwares and pictures on the WL500g forum? Makes it less confusing I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sesamebike
    Isn't it time we opened a WL-HDD forum instead of posting WL-HDD firmwares and pictures on the WL500g forum? Makes it less confusing I think.
    maybe the wl-hdd doesn't differ so much
    and most people have difficulties reading and understanding those weird characters (letters that is) at all, so they will post it at the wrong forums anyway..

we'll see what the time will bring us

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Well I'm not able to extract my current firmware from the wl-hdd like Oleg explained, so I won't be installing this beta...

Quote Originally Posted by copycat
    Well I'm not able to extract my current firmware from the wl-hdd like Oleg explained, so I won't be installing this beta...

well.. which firmware version do you have then? that was the original question from Oleg...

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Anyone who is using wl-hdd - which firmware version you've factory flashed?
    Got my WL-HDD today. Factory firm is 1.1.2.2
    I'm a bit disappointed in the throughput:
    ftp upload 781KB/s == 6.1Mb/s
    ftp download 1384KB/s == 10.8Mb/s

I like to upgrade to 1.1.2.5 and later build a firm with NFSv3 support.

Before flashing a new firm I'd like to save the current firmware. What are the steps to do this?

Thx, JockyW