Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi language Version ??? for OLEG

Unhappy Multi language Version ??? for OLEG

HI,

Oleg if i translante the wl500g web manager to french , can you create a link to your website .

Why don't create spanish, french , deutch version of your firmware ?

It's possible to add another web page to modifie Samba config or another thing.??

Many thks for your great firmware

David.B

Quote Originally Posted by baroin
    HI,

Oleg if i translante the wl500g web manager to french , can you create a link to your website .

It's possible to add another web page to modifie Samba config or another thing.??

David.B
    Please clarify: have you already translated it to french?
    And you want wl500g.dyndns.org page have a link to your site?

As for samba - this is not possible at the moment.

Please clarify: have you already translated it to french?
    And you want wl500g.dyndns.org page have a link to your site?

Yes I've translate root_fs webpage to french , can you compil it and publish to wl500g.dyndns.org ?

As for samba - this is not possible at the moment.

And for another thing , configure another web server, or configure post-firewall etc ... , for use more web than telnet interface for make anything.

Thks

David.B

ok, send them to me (web directory only).

HI,

David.B
    dutch or deutsch ?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

sorry for my poor english , i finish my translate and i post it here to make a french version.

deutch or dutch is same not ?

sorry for my poor english , i finish my translate and i post it here to make a french version.

deutch or dutch is same not ?
    nope

deutch is nothing.. but comes closest to Deutsch (german)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

"Baroin" Can you give me a link to download your firmware in French language ?

Thank a lot

"Baroin" peux tu me donner un lien pour télécharger ton firmware en Français ?

Merci

for me it is possible to translate it in german(deutsch) and spanish (espanol). but there is no convenience for it, because the people who don't speak or understand english wouldn't come to this site and download the custom firmware(because the site is in english).
    in germany are not so much people who don't understand english, and the ones who don't would not download a custom firmware.i think its the same in other countries in europe except france. the frensh are, what english belongs, a bit idiosyncratic. besides that they are great buddies

---edit---
    maybe its possible for antiloop to create german,frensh or spanish subforums...to help the people who don't understand english. then the thing with the translated custom fw could work.
    Last edited by xlephant; 11-11-2004 at 10:37.
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

I suggest we're not going to start a discussion about the necessity of localisation. Very few people are unable to read/understand English (writing and speaking is a total different story ). Therefore its merely convenient to have a localized webinterface, not a necessity.

If someone wants to do translation they are welcome. I think Oleg and Antiloop are willing to provide links to localized firmwares and also provide the knowhow, but I don't think they should spend much time on localisation because IMHO there are more important things which can be done for the WL-500xx series.

Edit: Thanks Antiloop
    Last edited by Styno; 11-11-2004 at 16:17.

hmm... never knew the word

but it's 'necessity'

I think Oleg and Antiloop are willing to provide links to localized firmwares and also provide the knowhow, but I don't think they should spend much time on localisation because IMHO there are more important things which can be done for the WL-500xx series
    thats right, and this is also my opinion. the important things are the features not the language. but maybe it is a goody to have a translated version.
    Last edited by xlephant; 11-11-2004 at 13:38.
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    I suggest we're not going to start a discussion about the nessesaty of localisation. Very few people are unable to read/understand English (writing and speaking is a total different story ). Therefore its merely convenient to have a localized webinterface, not a nessesaty.

If someone wants to do translation they are welcome. I think Oleg and Antiloop are willing to provide links to localized firmwares and also provide the knowhow, but I don't think they should spend much time on localisation because IMHO there are more important things which can be done for the WL-500xx series.
    yes well.. customization could be done yes..
    but their are other priorities, also webinterface changes 'daily' so it would take a lot of time..

an option for somewhere far far away in the future is to make the firmware webinterface useable with language files.. thus 1 file for 1 language for all words/text in the webconfig..

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    also webinterface changes 'daily' so it would take a lot of time..

an option for somewhere far far away in the future is to make the firmware webinterface useable with language files.. thus 1 file for 1 language for all words/text in the webconfig..
    Well, the preferred way for localization is making sed scripts, so updated files will be translated automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    yes well.. customization could be done yes..
    but their are other priorities, also webinterface changes 'daily' so it would take a lot of time..
    Its 'there'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast