Thread: How To: Recover from Dead

How To: Recover from Dead

After messing around with the OpenWrt firmware I had my box in a state that there was no response. I thought I f*cked up big time. Tried recovering from asus and flashing over tftp but there was no response. Going back to store and return it is no option cause I already open the box(500GB HDD installed).
    So I start messing around with the little 2 buttons on the backside and found out that ..
    • If you push them both the ready the ready light starts blinking (Is there life ? ?)
    • After 20 sec let go of the reset button but keep the ezflash pushed
    • wait another 5 sec and let go of it (It looks like its died again)
    • tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put WL700gE_1.0.4.2_flash.trx (or OpenWrt***.trx)

Tha DAaa there is life again

now I can mess around with it again
    Last edited by back2basic; 20-01-2007 at 05:07.

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Smile

you saved my life (and my brick)

Flashing Again?

Quote Originally Posted by back2basic View Post
    After messing around with the OpenWrt firmware I had my box in a state that there was no response. I thought I f*cked up big time. Tried recovering from asus and flashing over tftp but there was no response. Going back to store and return it is no option cause I already open the box(500GB HDD installed).
    So I start messing around with the little 2 buttons on the backside and found out that ..
    • If you push them both the ready the ready light starts blinking (Is there life ? ?)
    • After 20 sec let go of the reset button but keep the ezflash pushed
    • wait another 5 sec and let go of it (It looks like its died again)
    • tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put WL700gE_1.0.4.2_flash.trx (or OpenWrt***.trx)

Tha DAaa there is life again

now I can mess around with it again
    Hi Thanks for this, im very gratefull, i flashed with these instructions, for the sake of other people if you have a NAS file you cannot use tftp to flash it, you can only flash it using tftp using a trx file, you can extract the NAS file by using the asus extract tool which you can find by searching for.

I have a problem where i restored the original asus firmware but now my router will not let me flash with any other firmware, the only firmware it boots from is the asus. I think i have made changes to my HDD that will not let the kam7.09v2.trx firmware image work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Ron