Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WL-500g] Internal Photo's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[WL-500g] Internal Photo's

some photo's of the inside

with thanks to Meemsie (also member of this board)

Last edited by Antiloop; 08-04-2004 at 08:41.

Asus WL-500g revision 2.40

with thanks to Kaloz, also note the different JTAG(?) connector (a normal one)
    Last edited by Omega; 06-07-2013 at 11:48. Reason: fixed

Mostly it's like an 1.40, but a bit cheaper in manufacturing.

http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g...l%20photos.pdf

The 1.40 connector was just replaced by this header
    - this is not a JTAG, but an external UART connector.
    Last edited by Omega; 06-07-2013 at 12:50. Reason: fixed

UART Connector Pinout?

I'm showing my ignorance here, I suppose.

Anyone know if there's a stock header I could stick on that connector and hope to have some DB-9s set up to do serial I/O? My unit looks just like the one being discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by capouch
    I'm showing my ignorance here, I suppose.

Anyone know if there's a stock header I could stick on that connector and hope to have some DB-9s set up to do serial I/O? My unit looks just like the one being discussed here.
    which 'one' are you talking about?
    there are 2 different revision shown inhere with 2 different connectors...

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    which 'one' are you talking about?
    there are 2 different revision shown inhere with 2 different connectors...
    The picture you refer to as the "UART header" I believe.

It is on the top of the circuit board, as opposed to on the side.

Sorry for my ambiguity.

WL-500g R2.40

This is pictures of my wl-500g r2.40 Has ha broadcom5325

Name:  dsc01087.jpg
Views: 7137
Size:  407.3 KB
    Last edited by Omega; 06-07-2013 at 13:00. Reason: fixed

Originally posted by Oleg
    Mostly it's like an 1.40, but a bit cheaper in manufacturing. The 1.40 connector was just replaced by this header - this is not a JTAG, but an external UART connector.
    whehehe.. ít'll always be cheaper.. otherwise it will cost money to change the design...

Just thinking.. the communication part of the router is on a mini-pci... i wonder what would happen if we would replace the stock mini-pci (broadcom) with an new one, containing an atheros comm-chip.. ;-)

Lightbulb Second antenna?

Has anyone tried to connect a second antenna ? the MiniPCI card has only the Aux connected.. is it possible to solder a second wire to the Main connection on the MINIPCI board ?

would be quite nice to have 2 antennas especially if we wanted to have an Directional antenna + standard Omni antenna....

i also have a D-Link 624 and that device HAS 2 antennas connected to the MINIPCI...

We love modding....

Quote Originally Posted by mr.destroyer
    Has anyone tried to connect a second antenna ? the MiniPCI card has only the Aux connected.. is it possible to solder a second wire to the Main connection on the MINIPCI board ?

would be quite nice to have 2 antennas especially if we wanted to have an Directional antenna + standard Omni antenna....

i also have a D-Link 624 and that device HAS 2 antennas connected to the MINIPCI...

We love modding....
    see attached, to do it easily replace it with the normal WL120g
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by mr.destroyer

As far as I know only one antenna from a diversity set of antenna's is used at a time.... Each packet is scanned and the antenna with the best signal receives the packet. It's like an old (el cheapo) card stereo. Have you ever stopped before a traffic light and heared noise coming out of the speakers, move the car a little bit and the signal gets better. This is exactly the same with a WiFi diversity antenna.

Also both antenna should be pointing the same direction for the best signal. (I often see AP's with one antenna to the left, and one to the right. but this is wrong.)

Talking Ooh baby

Wow. Please tell me these haven't been "Photoshopped". I mean I figured she was hot, but I didn't know she was *this* hot.

Anyway, thank you for posting naked pictures of the WL500g - I'm glad I'm not the only pervert who wanted to see these.

By the way, I recommend studying these diagrams in the nude, but that's just me.

Happy holidays ;P
    - Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Kinski
    Wow. Please tell me these haven't been "Photoshopped". I mean I figured she was hot, but I didn't know she was *this* hot.

Anyway, thank you for posting naked pictures of the WL500g - I'm glad I'm not the only pervert who wanted to see these.

By the way, I recommend studying these diagrams in the nude, but that's just me.

Happy holidays ;P
    - Klaus
    Wtf are you talking about?

These pictures are taken from a WL-500g, no big deal as Asus does not seal the casing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast