Thread: Very poor WL700ge signal...

Very poor WL700ge signal...

Hey guys I recently purchased an ASUS WL700ge and have received and overall bad wireless signal, I can test this because I have my old WRTP54G router right next to it (I thought interference would be an issue, so I turned the other one off while testing).When connected to the WL700 My laptop sitting in the same location downstairs is noticeably slower, with a lot of packet loss. Also my xbox 360 wireless-B adapter doesn't pick up the signal, it does SOMETIMES, and then quickly fails. But however when I plug back in my WRTP54G my 360 adapter immediately works at full speed and full signal and my laptop works without a hiccup... What can I do to strengthen the signal on the WL700? This is rather disappointing because It is an expensive router with a lot of useful features, but apparently very low wifi signal. (its also got a longer antenna.. and the WRTP54G still beats it?) ...If I cant do anything to improve it, I will sell it and but something else. How does it compare to the wl500?

You may have a defective unit. Mine has very good range even at the default power setting.

Others with the same complaint as you have returned their units.

- K.C.

I experienced the same signal probs here ... and I doublechecked with my old asus wl-500b with no probs .... shame on it !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oxblood View Post
    Hey guys I recently purchased an ASUS WL700ge and have received and overall bad wireless signal, I can test this because I have my old WRTP54G router right next to it (I thought interference would be an issue, so I turned the other one off while testing).When connected to the WL700 My laptop sitting in the same location downstairs is noticeably slower, with a lot of packet loss. Also my xbox 360 wireless-B adapter doesn't pick up the signal, it does SOMETIMES, and then quickly fails. But however when I plug back in my WRTP54G my 360 adapter immediately works at full speed and full signal and my laptop works without a hiccup... What can I do to strengthen the signal on the WL700? This is rather disappointing because It is an expensive router with a lot of useful features, but apparently very low wifi signal. (its also got a longer antenna.. and the WRTP54G still beats it?) ...If I cant do anything to improve it, I will sell it and but something else. How does it compare to the wl500?
    please check your antenna insert well, i think that should not have this problem, and the web admin page can change the antenna power rating

turn the unit to your side ... I mean I had the device with the antenna towards the wall and turned it to me and experienced an improvement in terms of data transfer