Thread: Problem CREATING A VOLUME for USB HDD despite using the Disk Management from Router

Unhappy Problem CREATING A VOLUME for USB HDD despite using the Disk Management from Router

I'm a newbie here...and I'm glad I've discover this forum. Like many, I am thrilled by the ASUS WL-700gE Wireless Broadband Router with NAS functionality..I mean what more can we ask for, rite?

But it appears that this Router/NAS has alot of hidden 'scars' behind its *exquisite* pearl white beauty **Sighz**

I am having problem in creating a VOLUME to be recognized by WL-700gE. I keep having this 'BSOD' (Blue Screen of Death)...the browser just stopped instantly w/o any movement! If I hit the REFRESH or BACK button on the browser, It will tell me that 'OPERATION FAILED' - Cannot create logical drive on the USB HDD! Thi sis despite after having using the 'Disk Management Utility' as strongly recommended by many members here so that the USB HDD can be 'properly mounted' as a standalone drive. I have read somewhere in this WL-700gE Discussion Board that he has successfully mounted the USB HDD but with some weird anormalies like some form of wildcards etc...**Sighz**

Trust me, before I actually registered myself in this forum requesting for help, I have already exhausted all the avenues in the WWW for an answer to my woes but to no avail.

I hoped any kind hearted soul here can assist me with this seemingly easy problem... :P

BTW I'm using the latest firmware 1.0.4.6 though.
    Last edited by desray; 14-01-2007 at 03:00. Reason: To subscribe to notification

Solved!

Never mind guys, already solved!