Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Amule client for wl500gp

Quote Originally Posted by DrChair View Post
    By a 'bug' in crypto++, crypto++ got build for big endian on mips instead of little endian.

Thus none of the crypto functions in amule were working.

A patch for crypto++ has just been added to the feed, so after crypto++ and amule are rebuild, the problems should be solved.
    That's nice because I just found out the key I generated manually doesn't work.
    KAD says it is connected, but still no KAD search results and probably also no KAD downloads. The good thing is that KAD is still connected after several hours and the node file is still big. Hopefully the KAD disconnect bug disappeared.

Pim.

:-) update: it works now!
    Last edited by Pim Borst; 24-06-2008 at 09:11.

Mem leak???

Quote Originally Posted by Pim Borst View Post
    That's nice because I just found out the key I generated manually doesn't work.
    KAD says it is connected, but still no KAD search results and probably also no KAD downloads. The good thing is that KAD is still connected after several hours and the node file is still big. Hopefully the KAD disconnect bug disappeared.

Pim.

:-) update: it works now!
    I run 2.2.1 amule over 20 hours and the KAD is still OK, so I think KAD disconnect bug should be fixed.

But I found the 2.2.1 amule consume much more swap than 2.1.3. At first, the swap space was around 4MB, but after 20 hours running, it increased to 23MB. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by hlidea View Post
    I run 2.2.1 amule over 20 hours and the KAD is still OK, so I think KAD disconnect bug should be fixed.

But I found the 2.2.1 amule consume much more swap than 2.1.3. At first, the swap space was around 4MB, but after 20 hours running, it increased to 23MB. Is this normal?
    Same thing here... I don't think it is normal and hope they can fix it.
    Otherwise we have to automatically restart amuled once in a while, just like with the disconnect bug

hello

i've just installed amule on my wl500gp with partial success so i'd like to ask your help to eliminate the remaining errors
    i access the server trough remote-gui from my notebook (zenwalk, amulegui hand-compiled)

amule downloads the server list and i can connect to any server (at least all that i've tried) with highid without problem. on the other hand i can only connect to kad in firewalled mode (i saw this is a problem for many of you guys but i couldn't see anyone having a solution) and after a time i get disconnected from kad (the average users number decreases constantly). connecting to kad also takes ages

my second problem is that if i make a local/global search for a keyword that usually produces countless results (like britney spears or so ) i get only a few results - less than a hundred that is definitely a sign of a problem for me

and for the last one: is it normal that amulegui doesn't work the same as it worked when amule was on my local computer? i mean that eg. it doesn't show the amule log and server info in the networks page, in preferences under sharing files i see my local computers hard drive (and not the one attached to the router), the preferences page doesn't seem to be 100% in sync with the config file on the router (in my preferences i see the name i set in the config file but EC is shown as disabled but obviously it is enabled as i use it..) etc. (btw could anyone tell me please how can i share files this way? only by using amulecmd?)

i compiled amulegui on my local computer with these settings:
    Code:
    ./configure --enable-amule-gui --disable-monolithic --enable-wxcas --enable-cas --enable-verbose --enable-alc --enable-alcc --enable-ccache
    and i have these rules in iptables (all the other chains are left at the default settings)
    i inserted the 2 udp rules before the invalid state rule as i've read that some of you had misterious problems with that invalid state rule but this didn't help kad
    Code:
    Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
    target     prot opt source               destination         
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:4665 
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:4672 
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state INVALID 
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:666 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN 
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:4662 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN 
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:65534 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN 
    ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED 
    ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW 
    ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW 
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp spt:bootps dpt:bootpc 
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:ftp
    thanks in advance,
    adam

How can i prevent amuled and amuleweb from starting at boot?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678