Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rTorrent and libTorrent

rTorrent and libTorrent

Is there rTorrent/libTorrent packets for oleg firmware?
    http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/

And if not, is there any chance to build them?

--
    wrom

The problem is with libsigc++ as it is badly written. Then we have problem with uclibc++. So there is little chance to get the thing working.

rtorrent is now available. Similary like with amule I have solved this problem with linking against libstdc++ and not with uClibc++. http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/5371

rtorrent should work as expected. Bear in mind that this is not lightweight app like transmission as it is linked with large c++ library.
    libstdc++ is delivered with latest uclibc-opt package.

Quote Originally Posted by oleo View Post
    rtorrent is now available. Similary like with amule I have solved this problem with linking against libstdc++ and not with uClibc++. http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/5371

rtorrent should work as expected. Bear in mind that this is not lightweight app like transmission as it is linked with large c++ library.
    libstdc++ is delivered with latest uclibc-opt package.
    Thanks for your hard work.
    I installed uclibc-opt and ipkg-opt with -force-overwrite flag.
    Where i can find rtorrent and libtorrent packages?

--
    wrom

Autobuild machine choked on missing reconfigure check. r5376 should solve this and you should see rtorrent, libtorrent, and libsigc++ at the top of the oleg package listing soon.
    Sorry for inconvenience.

Autobuild machine choked on missing reconfigure check. r5376 should solve this and you should see rtorrent, libtorrent, and libsigc++ at the top of the oleg package listing soon.
    Sorry for inconvenience.
    No harm done, working fine now.
    Need to test running it with nice for smoothness.
    Another question, why you use unstable version and not stable?

--
    wrom

As you see in http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/...ke/rtorrent.mk I do not maintan the package. Brian takes the care of it. Newer software usually means better software with many things solved. I am running unstable Debian linux for many many years, an I can tell you from experience that this is true.

What we need from You is to add your experience Optware Packages page and maybe some default startup scripts and configs.

This is really great news Oleg. I can't wait to test it. I'll compare with the load and cpu graphs from transmissiond and let you know how rtorrent makes out.

As you see in http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/...ke/rtorrent.mk I do not maintan the package. Brian takes the care of it. Newer software usually means better software with many things solved. I am running unstable Debian linux for many many years, an I can tell you from experience that this is true.

What we need from You is to add your experience Optware Packages page and maybe some default startup scripts and configs.
    Ok, I have always preferred stable versions, my experience from linux started about 10 years ago, tough mipsel arch is new for me.

I use rtorrent inside of screen with nice -n 19, working fine for my taste.
    It's simple, i just save from other computer over samba .torrent and rtorrent start download it automatic.

--
    wrom

wrom, what configurations have you done? Can you post the relevant config options in your rtorrent.rc? Have you changed the "tos" option to something other than "throughput"?

How do you make it automatically detect added torrent files? I'm looking at the config options but nothing seems like it does this.

Quote Originally Posted by wirespot View Post
    wrom, what configurations have you done? Can you post the relevant config options in your rtorrent.rc? Have you changed the "tos" option to something other than "throughput"?

How do you make it automatically detect added torrent files? I'm looking at the config options but nothing seems like it does this.
    I attached my .rtorrent.rc which is in user home dir.

--
    wrom
    Attached Files Attached Files

I running rtorrent now without nice because download speeds dropped and that's not acceptable. Hardware sets limits how many torrents can downloaded at same time, but i think this working much better than my previous python+bittornado system.

--
    wrom

I have prepared patchlevel 4 rtorrent package which include wrom config file and wrote
    /opt/bin/rtor script which uses dtach for terminal deattachment. Although this rtor script
    uses similar syntax as startup scripts in /opt/etc/init.d
    Code:
    Usage: /opt/bin/rtor (start|stop|restart|attach)
    I do not know any program that can be used as terminal emulator at system boot, so that rtorrent can act as daemon to which we can attach. The problem is that rtorrent query many (ncurses) questions about controlling terminal.

Until then use
    Code:
    rtor start
    and
    Code:
    rtor attach
    restart maybe is not well written, but rtorrent does not have any pidfile or similar daemon functionality.

So no autostart at reboot until solution is found. See ticket #23.

Hi oleo,

your rtor script works like a charm, but i have a little problem with it.

After

Code:
    rtor start
    rtor attach
    I'm in the rtorrent gui. But somehow the keys are not the same as they where if I start rtorrent manually without your script. The arrow keys can now used to change dl/ul speed instead of showing torrent details. For torrent details I have to press ctrl+right_arrow instead of pressing only right_arrow. I don't know why, but this happens not if I start your Script and attach rtorrent in one command

Code:
    rtor start && rtor attach
    After that everything is fine.
    So I altered the Line in your script from:

Code:
    dtach -n ${RTORRENT_SOCKET} rtorrent -n -o import=${RTORRENT_CONF}
    to:

Code:
     dtach -n ${RTORRENT_SOCKET} rtorrent -n -o import=${RTORRENT_CONF} && rtor attach
    There is surely a better way, but for the moment it works.

Thanks for the great work on rtorrent.

Greetz Jeremia

Question howto?

I ´m sorry, but can someone write how can i install extra packages for use my WL500g.Deluxe as a bittorrent client?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast