Thread: Problem with WL-100g and Asus Notebook

Problem with WL-100g and Asus Notebook

I installed my WL-100g on my Asus L3500D and it worked fine. But after about 6 hours while transfering data the IP connection suddenly wont work anymore. I've no further software installed meanwhile.
    I figured out that the WL-100g has a link and sees the WLan Router but no IP connection is possible. The Wlan Utility hangs if I call the IP-Config. Neither booting the PC nor deinstalling / installing the driver helps. Also the manually configuration of the IP does not help. I figured out, that when I install the WL-100g on the second PCMCIA the Network works suddenly. It can be repeated: the WLAN card works not in PCMCIA slot 1 but in slot2. So what can I do that the card works again in slot 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxx7
    I installed my WL-100g on my Asus L3500D and it worked fine. But after about 6 hours while transfering data the IP connection suddenly wont work anymore. I've no further software installed meanwhile.
    I figured out that the WL-100g has a link and sees the WLan Router but no IP connection is possible. The Wlan Utility hangs if I call the IP-Config. Neither booting the PC nor deinstalling / installing the driver helps. Also the manually configuration of the IP does not help. I figured out, that when I install the WL-100g on the second PCMCIA the Network works suddenly. It can be repeated: the WLAN card works not in PCMCIA slot 1 but in slot2. So what can I do that the card works again in slot 1?
    probably you have removed the WL100g card without the windows removal tool (that thing with the arrow in your systray) somehow registry get's fucked up then and deinstalling/reinstalling won't help in that case

if you're an advanced user you could probably (if this is the problem ofcourse) fix it yourself: remove EVERYTHING that has something to do with the wl100g from your registry (deinstall card first)
    also remove all .INF files at your harddrive that have something to do with the wl100g (cache dirs too etc)

probably it's the best to do it in safe mode of windows..

hope this helps you, it helped me once since then i never hot-removed the device anymore and hadn't this problem ever since

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thanks a lot. I think youre right. I'll try to delete all registry keys regarding to the WL-100g. The strange thing is that the problems occour while transfering data over IP. Yesterday I had the same problem with the PCMCIA slot 2. Suddenly I got no IP response while surfing in the internet. Changing the card back to PCMCIA slot 1 and reinstalling the drivers solved the problem. I hope it's not necessary to change the card after beeing some hours online...

I solved the problem using the new Broadcom driver 3.70.12.0 and the utility from Belkin (F5D7010-V2.4.5UK.exe). I think the problem was the ASUS utility. I notice also that the card comes up faster from the supend mode.