Thread: streaming wecam 640 * 480

streaming wecam 640 * 480

Has anyone had the wl500g working with a webcam on a resolution of 640 x 480 px streaming? I'm interested in the typeof webcam. I can't find out (search on Google, GoT and this forum) wich webcam can stream this resolution. So far i found out that it has to work with the OV511 driver.
    The USB webcam support list in the manal is outdated end lists webcams not capable of doing streaming 640 x 480.
    I have firmware 1.8.1.7 and a logitech quickcam pro 4000 wich works at 320x240 with the PWC 8.8 driver.
    I want to buy the right webcam or is tweaking of the firmware possible?
    Last edited by grom; 20-08-2004 at 14:09.

Hi

The inbuild Webcam Daemon apearently dont supports more than 352x288.
    This is not dependant on the Cam or Driver ...
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by grom
    Has anyone had the wl500g working with a webcam on a resolution of 640 x 480 px streaming? I'm interested in the typeof webcam. I can't find out (search on Google, GoT and this forum) wich webcam can stream this resolution. So far i found out that it has to work with the OV511 driver.
    The USB webcam support list in the manal is outdated end lists webcams not capable of doing streaming 640 x 480.
    I have firmware 1.8.1.7 and a logitech quickcam pro 4000 wich works at 320x240 with the PWC 8.8 driver.
    I want to buy the right webcam or is tweaking of the firmware possible?
    http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/
    that's the resource site for PWC driver (btw Custom firmware is not using pwc 8.8 driver allthough it says so in the webconfig. But a newer one)

PWCX 9 is needed in order to be able to view 640x480, at time of integrating new pwc driver it was in beta development

also see
    http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/release.html#pwcx

maybe someone has time to compile this release and integrate..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thanks WlanMan and Antiloop,

I now understand that the webinterface doesn't represent the firmwarespecs perfectly on this matter.
    The solution lies in making a customised firmware to let de webcam stream 640x480.
    I havent done that one time but am willing to try. The only thing is that i have not got many time left to succeed in that. I want to monitor my cats while on holliday after next week. So if anyone can help, i will be thankfull.
    Meanwhile i'm going to study how to do this. I understand that you need linux to do so. That's no problem, i can set up a Debian machine on a piii 133mhz that is doing nothing at the moment. A quick search did not give me any info on how to compile the firmware. Is there a howto available?

Thanks on beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by grom
    Thanks WlanMan and Antiloop,

I now understand that the webinterface doesn't represent the firmwarespecs perfectly on this matter.
    The solution lies in making a customised firmware to let de webcam stream 640x480.
    I havent done that one time but am willing to try. The only thing is that i have not got many time left to succeed in that. I want to monitor my cats while on holliday after next week. So if anyone can help, i will be thankfull.
    Meanwhile i'm going to study how to do this. I understand that you need linux to do so. That's no problem, i can set up a Debian machine on a piii 133mhz that is doing nothing at the moment. A quick search did not give me any info on how to compile the firmware. Is there a howto available?

Thanks on beforehand.
    there's not really a howto available, i can suggest you to use Fedora (i'm using still core1) with full install (you need all 3 cd's then) it has all needed thing for compiling succesfully a new firmware

download the GPL (GPL1756 at this time)
    and download the Sources from one firmware of Oleg

further i don't exactly know now how to compile allthough i've done it few times already

but the 3 thing's i've mentioned are the main things you need to do.. (also read the manual in the GPL to set up your environment correctly otherwise it will not work ofcourse)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO