Thread: dropbear ssh daemon

dropbear ssh daemon

I'm trying to customize web interface for wl700gE. So far I can enable/disable telnet. I would like to add Dropbear too.

Do do that I need to understand how to compile and launch Dropbear-0.47

Do it require uClibc or I can compile it with firmware's glibc?

I compiled with glibc and got error:
    # dropbearkey
    dropbearkey: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

Quote Originally Posted by MoD View Post
    I'm trying to customize web interface for wl700gE. So far I can enable/disable telnet. I would like to add Dropbear too.

Do do that I need to understand how to compile and launch Dropbear-0.47

Do it require uClibc or I can compile it with firmware's glibc?

I compiled with glibc and got error:
    You can see the document that write by kc or read the document of kc's firmware updated

Quote Originally Posted by hmantsao View Post
    You can see the document that write by kc or read the document of kc's firmware updated
    KC uses different aproach - he doesnt compile dropbear.

I think it has uclibc dependencies - at least, if you download it using ipkg, uclibc gets downloaded too...

Dropbear access denied for non-root when telnet works OK

Hello all,

first of all, thanks to KFurge!

I run into some strange situation with dropbear. I can NOT log in as any of my users - I get acces denied. That would not be strange , however certain things confuse me:

- I CAN log in as ANY user (including root) over the telnet
    - I CAN log in through dropbear as root (using password that I copy&pased to root in /etc/passwd from another user)

So the strange thing is: why can't I log in as "user" over dropbear if I can do so as "root" or as "user" over telnet?

Any idea will be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphine View Post
    Hello all,

first of all, thanks to KFurge!

I run into some strange situation with dropbear. I can NOT log in as any of my users - I get acces denied. That would not be strange , however certain things confuse me:

- I CAN log in as ANY user (including root) over the telnet
    - I CAN log in through dropbear as root (using password that I copy&pased to root in /etc/passwd from another user)

So the strange thing is: why can't I log in as "user" over dropbear if I can do so as "root" or as "user" over telnet?

Any idea will be highly appreciated.
    Ok, I found it - the issue was related to the shell. I probably skipped the echo "/opt/bin/bash" >> /etc/shells command and bash was not in allowed shells. Should you therefore run into similar issue, please check your /etc/shells