Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WebUi (utorrent)

WebUi (utorrent)

what is your question? if it is possible to host the web ui?

it is, but it will not be able to come in contact with utorrent, since you cannot run it.

/regards
    Henrik

That one may not work - but I am experimenting with a torrent client called transmission - it runs on the wl500 with a webUI script. Post on it here:

http://wl700g.info/showthread.php?t=...t=transmission

Quote Originally Posted by n00ben View Post
    what is your question? if it is possible to host the web ui?

it is, but it will not be able to come in contact with utorrent, since you cannot run it.

/regards
    Henrik
    i thought this one would maybe work on the wl700gE somehow
    but i just can't figure out HOW??!!

hope some smart ass guys here could make something of it

Can't wait to easy limit my upload & download speed

Regards,

Perkouw

Perkouw - I have this transmission package working on my router using kfurge's firmware.

First setup the firmware as kfurge describes. Then use ipkg to install transmission and cron.

1. use vi to set up /opt/etc/transmission.conf in the way you want (upload, download limits, seeding, port, download location etc)
    2. make sure the download directories you specified in transmission.conf exist and are writeable.
    3. set cron to start with the router (put /opt/sbin/cron in your rc.local)
    4. use vi to edit /opt/share/www/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi and /opt/sbin/transmission_watchdog - change the top line to read #!/opt/bin/bash instead of #!/bin/sh in both files.
    5. add the following command to rc.local: /opt/sbin/syslogd -m 0 -O /opt/var/log/messages -S
    6. add the following command to rc.local to start your webserver to remotely access the transmission control page: /apps/bin/thttpd -d /opt/share/www -c /cgi-bin/* -p 8008 -u root
    7. reboot the router, then attempt to access the transmission page at http://192.168.1.1:8008/cgi-bin/transmission.cgi

Obviously replace 192.168.1.1 with whatever is needed in the case of your router.

Partly working

Thanks to d3viant, I've gotten it partly working.

However, I didn't get the graph working yet.

One things is for certain: You'll need to install gnuplot (ipkg install gnuplot).

With that working I still get an error when I press the button "Log", I get this error:

"sed: Unsupported command w"

I've tried looking in the cgi file but don't see where sed is called with a "w" parameter.

I've also tried install the "sed" package, but didn't seem to resolve anything.

At the meantime, my router is downloading a torrent file. I hope it goes well.

error installing transmission

Hi d3viant,

I have followed your steps. but I can not get /apps/bin/thttpd running:
    What I have seen after step 6 is

/apps/bin/thttpd: error while loading shared libraries: /apps/bin/thttpd: symbol nice, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

if i used /opt/sbin/thttpd instead, I got this messages in step 7:

head: error while loading shared libraries: head: symbol vprintf, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference head: error while loading shared libraries: head: symbol vprintf, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference tail:

Any suggestion?
    Thanks,
    Lewis

GerardNL: I havent managed to get the graph working either - I think the busybox version of sed is missing the required parameters for it...

lewislin: Have you made sure that your transmission.cgi and transmission_watchdog files have #!/opt/bin/bash at the top instead of #!/bin/sh?

Transmission is working (a bit)

Using Transmission now for about 3 days and finally completed a reasonably hot 700mb file. That's a lot slower then I would normally get (1 day or less).

One of the reasons for this is that the process somehow stops working. However, it's not just Transmission stopping. At the same time, I'm also running 1 enhanced-ctorrent process and that also stops working somewhere during the night. I need to yet figure out why these process stop working.

Anyways...

Now I have this one torrent completed and want to stop it... The first thing I've tried is to push it from Seeding to Done and visa versa (with the "push" button).

The "remove" button doesn't want to work since it says it only works on _suspended_ torrents. The "purge" button shows a different screen saying something about purging.

But via SMB I cannot remove any of the files. The only way to get rid of the torrent is to telnet into the router and and do the telnet commands. This is not really a big problem, but it would be nice if I didn't have to. It's much easier to use just SMB & Webbrowser.

I searched around a bit for some help on the Transmission program, but other then the build in "help" button, I haven't found anything that really explains the process.

Maybe someone found something?

Either way, this Transmission thing is getting in the direction of what I bought the particular router for: Doing off-line torrent downloading.

Maybe it's time to do a how-to-install page if people are interested?

I believe that the transmission.cgi script works as detailed below:

transmission.cgi messes round with txt files in your torrent directory
    transmission_watchdog is kicked off every 30minutes (or whatever you set your cronjob to)
    transmission_watchdog looks at the txt files and decides what needs a transmissiond process running on it
    if transmissiond isn't already running for a torrent, transmission_watchdog kicks one off for it

or something like that - the user "oleo" on this forum wrote that transmission script I think, so he would probably know it better

Thanks d3viant,

Yes I double checked both files. I will keep trying.

Thanks,
    Lewis

i just don't understand how you guy's do this
    i only know how to upload a firmware (.nas file) on my router!!

hope someone can make a .nas file and with some easy uhh ''stuff'' on it !

like the WebUi!

Perkouw - honestly it does get easier once you have played around with it a bit

The best thing for you to do if you are new to linux is probably to install it on a box if you have a spare one around (or you can use vmplayer with one of the custom images - I recommend the ubuntu image)

Then you have a chance to play around in linux without screwing up your router. Once you feel fairly confident with that, you can follow Kfurges instructions on how to get ssh/ipkg etc working on your router, and then login to it and follow my instructions in this thread to get transmission running on it

I am not sure right now if anyone is planning on releasing a fully customised firmware, the general consensus seems to be to just tweak it enough to let router owners customise them for their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by d3viant View Post
    I am not sure right now if anyone is planning on releasing a fully customised firmware...
    I'm working on mine it should be more user fiendly. Unfortunatelly I'm very busy, so it goes slowly. I have created even web interface cutomization...

does anyone have expierence/knowledge about libjpeg library. There is a include directory with some *.h files. Why are they there?

I´ve installed Transmission with a relative success using this tutorial.

The first problem encountered was this:
    When é click in the LOG button I have this error:

sed: Unsupported command w

Creating graph...
    "/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Download/torrent//transfer.gnuplot", line 13: warning: Skipping unreadable file "/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Download/torrent//transfer.data" "/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Download/torrent//transfer.gnuplot", line 13: warning: Skipping unreadable file "/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Download/torrent//transfer.data" "/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Download/torrent//transfer.gnuplot", line 13: warning: Skipping unreadable file "/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Download/torrent//transfer.data" "/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Download/torrent//transfer.gnuplot", line 13: No data in plot
    What does this mean?

The torrent seems to work fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast