Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nethostfs daemon am Asus wl-500gx????

Unhappy unale to start automatically.

If you have any further questions, just drop back in here.

Greetings
    -----------
    Ok, I got everything running on my WL-HDD when I use Putty and issue the command /opt/PSP/nethostfs but I cannot get it to run automatically at boot.

I modified my post-boot file to include
    # Run nethostfs for PSP Shares
    /opt/PSP/nethostfs
    but it just doesn't start, any ideas why?

I did get it running on my WL-500gP, automatically and the issue I have there is that I would prefer that it started in another folder, that contains the folders ISO, PSP so that it contains the same file structure as a MS so that IR Shell redirection works, any ideas on that. For now I don't use redirection, I just browse to the folder with my videos.

Thanks in advance.

Hello
    Sorry to bring up an old thread. I was wondering if anyone has been successful in running nethostfs on the current oleg firmware 1.9.2.7?

I noticed that instead of uclibc, libuclibc++ is installed. I'm cannot run nethostfs, do you think the newer library is causing it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w00blyn View Post
    Hello
    Sorry to bring up an old thread. I was wondering if anyone has been successful in running nethostfs on the current oleg firmware 1.9.2.7?

I noticed that instead of uclibc, libuclibc++ is installed. I'm cannot run nethostfs, do you think the newer library is causing it?

Thanks
    Using it a lot with the latest Oleg firmware. So must be something with your setup

the link to nethostfs for wl500gp is not available can someone please tell me from where to get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloyd View Post
    the link to nethostfs for wl500gp is not available can someone please tell me from where to get it ?
    +1
    Can't find it anywhere, but want to try too. If somebody has it, please, share with us. Thank you!

Found sources, and tried to compile under latest stable Oleg's FW, but failed miserably to make executable binaries
    Maybe somebody will be luckier than me
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by _oz_; 23-01-2008 at 12:09.

have what you need

I still got the original file...
    worked for me long time, but never tried with latest IRShell since lost a bit interest in the PSP. Hope it works for you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Red face Anybody have the latest version of IR Shell running on either the NSLU2 or WL-HDD

I had this running in the past, but now I'm having problems, can anybody help?

I would need the newer binaries for USBHOSTFS and/or NETHOSTFS.
    When I run NETHOSTFS I get a syntax error message.

NETHOSTFS Working.

Well that link above was the proper one to run on the ASUS WL-HDD
    I now get ...
    nethostfs v1.5a starting up, maximum of 20 PSPs allowed ...
    Although I can connect and get a list of files, when i select an ISO, I don;t get the icon and the game will not launch.
    Last edited by TODAYinTECH; 09-02-2008 at 03:42.

Are you able to simply drop the pre-compiled nethostfsd binary into WL-500g OS and get IRShell run ISO over wireless, I am more than interest in this setup! Please give more information!

Quote Originally Posted by Keror0 View Post
    Are you able to simply drop the pre-compiled nethostfsd binary into WL-500g OS and get IRShell run ISO over wireless, I am more than interest in this setup! Please give more information!
    yes its that easy just dromp my nethostfs file somewhere on your router. Best would be to place it close to the ISO folder.
    Then just run it from the terminal and connect as you would allways do with IRshell.
    I allready tested this with ISOs as well, kinda slow but works!

No command line parameter need passed to nethostfs?

Have you managed to get usbhostfs working? That will turn the router into a BIG stick :-)

For those of you interested in why the old nethostfs daemon won't connect to the latest IrShell build....

From iR Shell 4.7 onwards you will need to use the new NetHostFS pc server v2.1. Older releases of nethostfs are not compatible anymore. This nethostfs pc version uses 4 consecutive TCP ports, default 7513-7516 and not one as in previous release. Make sure to open up your firewall if you want to access your NetHostFS via the internet.
    Ahman, however, does provide the source code for the latest nethostfs daemon on his website. I have been trying to get this compiled on my 500GX rig, but somehow can't get it to compile. Seems as if I am missing a few libs here and there.

It would be great if someone more versed in compiling could take a quick look at the source. Thanks in advance!! Vielen Dank im Voraus!

Bashu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12