Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Firmware v1.8.1.7

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade
    Hy,
    whay I cant login in WL-500g via SSH or TELNET in that firmware release 1.8.1.7.

Help me!
    Maybe because telnet and SSH are custom firmware only options...

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Maybe because telnet and SSH are custom firmware only options...
    So with that firmware that is not posible in any way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade
    So with that firmware that is not posible in any way!!

this is just NOT a custom firmware, this is an official asus firmware

asus DOES NOT and probably will NOT support TELNET nor SSH

you should buy the Asus SL500/SL1000 if you want those features by default (telnet that is)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

1.8.1.7 Stable or not ?

I am still in doubt.

Is 1.8.1.7 stable or not ?

I read something about loosing the wireless....
    Loosing connections after 2 hours....

Reason for updating would be possible camera functioning from WAN

regards,

Kraai

Quote Originally Posted by kraai
    I am still in doubt.
    Is 1.8.1.7 stable or not ?
    it's stable for me. before upgraded, router always reboot after a while, when firewall rules applied.

i upgraded to that today's morning, before that i downgraded to official lower version, restore the factory setting, press reset button, then upgraded and reset.

this version seems more stable than others i used, although it has some small problem. the port range that can't pick it from web config correctly. but that doesn't matter.
    1. save the uncompleted setting to CFG (about 10K), if yours is too big > 20K, that means some old setting are in the CFG file.
    2.modify port range in the CFG file using word pad, then save that and upload to router.

although i still use the firewall rules, the router already over 12 hours without reboot. maybe it relate the port trigger setting. i leave blank in new firmware, i will test that later.

anyway, i consist stability is the most important to the router. if there is unstable with reboot or wan died, that's nothing useful for too many functions.
    Last edited by shopping; 28-08-2004 at 01:11.

now is over 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by shopping
    now is over 24 hours
    My 500g with 1817 about 5 days. No problem but date and time is not correctly.

time server not working ?

The ntp server doesn't work.
    My system log shows 1:30 and it really isn't that late.

Am I doing something wrong.
    When will the server synchronise on restart ? On Power on ? On Reset ?

kraai

The ntp server doesn't work.
    My system log shows 1:30 and it really isn't that late.
    If the date doesn't say 1970, you can be pretty sure that the NTP *client* (in this case /usr/sbin/ntpclient) did its job (which was to query some *server* to set the time).
    If the time is off by a whole number of hours, it's a pretty sure sign that the timezone is not right (which doesn't matter: it only affects what you see).

Am I doing something wrong.
    When will the server synchronise on restart ? On Power on ? On Reset ?
    Additionally to being run after the first connection, the ntpclient software is re-executed once a day (it seems) by the watchdog.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chase
    My 500g with 1817 about 5 days. No problem but date and time is not correctly.
    really? on mine, i use the default setting:time.nist.gov
    it works fine. do you deny the NTP traffic from the WAN?

or if you want, you can use the static IP and NTP server daemon serve yourself.
    Last edited by shopping; 28-08-2004 at 23:14.

Question advice needed

Hello,

I just saw the new firmware (I still have the 1.7.5.6). For me everthing is running well, but you know I just want to stay at the tp of the art, and I may need some of the new feature.

My question is, Do you advice people to upgrade the router with this new firmware? It is stable, do we loose some functionality?

Also, if I have to reset the default factiry setting, can I apply the CFG file I did before the upgrade to the router, or should I do evething from scrath?

Upgrade a firmware is a stressing thing, so I just would like have advice of expert like you.

Thanks for your help

Calimero

Got same problem with HP DJ 710 after upgrade to 1817

Hi,

Got the same problem after upgrade 1.8.1.7
    Cannot getm my DJ 710C (connected parralel to WL500G) te be reached. Not via Asus remote port utility nor via LPR.

Stupid thing is I got LPRServer to work for 6 pages before it stopped. It now transmits 79 bytes and than gives an error from the XP print manager.

I willl try a hardware reset. if that does not work I will downgrade the AP.

Fonz.

Quote Originally Posted by calimero
    do we loose some functionality?

Also, if I have to reset the default factiry setting, can I apply the CFG file I did before the upgrade to the router, or should I do evething from scrath?

Calimero

upgrade official 1.8.1.7 is not a stress thing. you must configure your CFG after upgrade. there are more functions than 1.7.5.6 official one. somewhere are different, if you keep your old one, it causes the unstable.
    but before you upgrade, you can save the CFG file to let you know what the script FORMAT to modify the NEW VERSION CFG file.

after upgrade last week, i have no reboot or other problems completely until now.

Quote Originally Posted by calimero
    Hello,

Upgrade a firmware is a stressing thing, so I just would like have advice of expert like you.
    ofcourse if you have no problems do NOT upgrade, downgrades won't always work and could cause your wl500g to DIE!

you MUST reset via the restore button to defaults (do this when the unit is still powered on) after that turn it off and on

and as said by shopping you can not use the old CFG file, this will cause instability or other unpredictable behaviour to your wl500g

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234